Could you imagine if a restaurant supported and rewarded you for being healthy?
We are University of Michigan students launching a healthy food cart that will make transformative changes for you and your community - one healthy, delicious meal at a time! By co-promoting with local health businesses and non-profits and “rewarding” customers for pursuing healthy lifestyles, The Beet Box not only provides healthful, nourishing and tantalizing food, it fosters what we have coined, “Strong-Health Empowerment.”
Our goal: Debut as a food cart in Mark's Carts in Ann Arbor (a courtyard for food vendors) but we intend to ultimately expand around the country.
Follow our journey at www.eatbeetbox.com
Our vision for starting a food revolution is what we call The Beet Box 5-Strong:
1. StrongFood – Our food is fresh and simple, with next to no processed ingredients. Our meals will electrify your taste buds and provide you with the needed fuel to take on your day. (Scroll down to see sample menu)
2. StrongSelf – We will reward you for pursuing an active lifestyle – if you complete our healthy challenge of the day at the cart i.e. 25 crunches, jump rope, etc., we will give you a 5% discount on your meal.
3. StrongCommunity – A percentage of our proceeds will be donated to a local health cause. Loyal customers, after purchasing 10 meals, will get a discount on a local workout, yoga, or dance class, etc.
4. StrongRelationships – As a team we are determined to transform our relationships with each customer, fostering a strong support system for those pursuing healthy lifestyles.
5. StrongFarmers – The majority of our produce will be sourced locally from the Ann Arbor farmer’s market and the University Farm.
In summary, by buying ONE meal at The Beet Box, you will be nurturing your body, getting physical activity, helping your community, supporting your friends, and local farmers ALL AT ONCE.
Most importantly, The Beet Box is something that can empower your life. Join the movement.
Original Artwork for Customized Beet Box T-shirt:
(Picture of T-shirt prototype coming soon!)
Fundraising Breakdown - Cart (5,000), Permit & Kitchen License (7,500), State Health & Business Permits (600), Blender (500), Juicer (500), Panini press (450), Food processor (250), Steamer (500), Smaller appliances (250)
THANK YOU so much and we look forward to seeing you at the Cart!
DISCLAIMER – KICKSTARTER IS AN ALL OR NOTHING PLATFORM, SO KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNLESS WE SUCCESSFULLY FUND OUR ENTIRE PLEDGED AMOUNT.
- (45 days)