For backers only. If you're a backer of this project, please log in to read this post.
The Jiggernaut is an inexpensive frame building jig that can help anyone build a custom, high quality bicycle. Read more
This project was successfully funded on March 27, 2012.
New Project : Rope-O'Matic Braiding Machine by Mixed Media Engineering
Filling up the garage with parts
Thank you all!
Thank you backers! The Jiggernaut is about to become a reality and we owe it all to you guys! We've had such an overwhelming amount of support and are grateful to you all.
Here are some important updates:
1) The Jiggernaut and future products can be found at www.flatpackfoundry.com. Some products on the way are a really cool fork jig, a flat pack bicycle basket, a multi-radius tube bender, and a wheel truing stand.
2) We have spoken to a number of interested instructors and want to offer educators groups etc. the opportunity to buy multiple kits at a discount during these final days. The Jiggernaut will not likely be this price again. If you buy three kits form us on Kickstarter, you get one free. Standard shipping rates apply for international backers.
Finally, the Disclaimer:
Our top priority is your safety. We want you to know and understand the
risks of the activity that are involved with bike building before you finalize
your purchase. When building a bike that you or someone will eventually
ride, one must personally accept the responsibility of this endeavor in a legal
and ethical sense. There will also be instructions with the kit that must be
followed for safety.
Below are the Terms of Sale for The Jiggernaut please review it carefully:
Offer and Acceptance
Mixed Media Engineering LLC (“MME”) is pleased to offer its products for sale, subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Sale”). You agree and represent that you are buying the product for your own use and not for resale. Your placement of any order for a MME product creates a binding legal contract and constitutes your unconditional acceptance of the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to change without prior written notice at any time and in MME’s sole discretion.
Returns for any other reason than faulty manufacture can only apply to an MME product that is in brand-new condition, completely unused, still packed in its original packing, and returned, BY PRIOR AGREEMENT with MME, within 10 days of receipt. After inspection and testing and found to be in "as-new" condition, MME will either refund your purchase price or credit your purchase price, less the cost of original shipping and handling, toward future purchases from MME.
In the event you do not agree to these Terms of Sale, MME will be responsible for return shipping and handling costs. In the event you wish to return an MME product for any other reason, you will be responsible for returning the product to MME at your own cost. The returned product should have the MME invoice that arrived with your shipment. It is your responsibility to ensure returned products are fully insured. MME cannot take responsibility for goods that are damaged or lost while being returned.
The product must be returned to the following address:
4835 28th Ave S
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417
United States of America
Limited Warranty, Limited Liability, and Limited Remedy
MME products are guaranteed against all manufacturing defect(s) for a period of one year from the date of purchase. During this warranty period, MME will, without charge, repair or replace defective products at its sole discretion. MME will not be responsible for any associated shipping, handling, or insurance charges. Please email email@example.com for specific shipping instructions.
MME products replaced or repaired in accordance with this warranty will be covered for a period of time equal to the remaining portion of the warranty of the original product.
This warranty applies only to the original owner, and does not transfer to any subsequent owner(s). This warranty is valid only with the original dated sales invoice/receipt.
This warranty is subject to the following exceptions:
1. The warranty terminates and does not apply if the MME product is used for activities other than those for which the product was designed.
2. The warranty does not cover any damage resulting from normal wear and tear.
3. The warranty does not cover shipping charges incurred as a result of any claim of warranty coverage.
4. The warranty does not apply if the damage(s) were caused by a fortuitous event.
5. The warranty does not apply if the MME product was subject to abuse, negligence, abnormal, and/or excessive use, or was involved in any accident.
This warranty shall be the exclusive remedy for defective products, and shall be in lieu of all other remedies to the greatest extent allowed by applicable law.
Except as otherwise stated in this warranty or where expressly forbidden by law:
1. MME ASSUMES NO LIABILITY IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE OR ANY BODILY INJURY TO ANY PERSON RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF AN MME PRODUCT.
2. MME DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE OR THE PROVISION OF SERVICES AND SUPPORT. MME WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR STATUTORY DAMAGES WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH AN MME PRODUCT, ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
3. YOU AGREE THAT FOR ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BUNDLED WITH THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR OTHERWISE, MME SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AMOUNT OF DAMAGES ABOVE THE AGGREGATE DOLLAR AMOUNT PAID BY CUSTOMER FOR THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY.
Follow all instructions and heed all warnings accompanying any products associated with MME and its website. MME products are intended for adults’ use only, and may not be suitable for children and should be kept out of the reach of children.
You agree not to join in any lawsuit with another person or serve as a class representative of any class action lawsuit against MME arising out of your purchase or use of any MME product.
EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN, MME PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL OTHER REMEDIES, WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR LIABILITIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY LAW OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER OR NOT OCCASIONED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF MME. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE BY YOUR USE OF MME’S PRODUCTS THAT YOUR USE OF THE PRODUCTS AND ANY RELIANCE UPON THEM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THAT YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ALL NECESSARY SERVICING OR REPAIRS OF ANY EQUIPMENT YOU USE IN CONNECTION WITH MME’S PRODUCTS. MME EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR WARRANTIES SHALL EXPIRE ON EXPIRATION OF ANY EXPRESS WARRANTY.
Shipping and Risk of Loss
MME product prices do not usually include shipping and handling. MME will use its discretion in selecting a reputable carrier and appropriate means of shipment. Even in cases where MME pays for the shipping, the risk of loss or damage to products in transit is yours. In the event of product damage or loss during transit, it is your responsibility to file a claim with the carrier.
Applicable Law -- Resale or Export
You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the various states and of the United States. You agree and represent that you are buying for your own personal use only, and not for resale or export.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold completely harmless MME from and against any and all claims, damages, costs, and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from or related to your use of any MME product.
Governing Law, Forum, and Procedure
These Terms of Sale shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms, or your use or non-use of a MME product, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Hennepin County in the State of Minnesota and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. You hereby irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any such dispute, action or proceeding.
If any provision of the Terms of Sale is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms of Sale will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of any party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties. No other agreements, covenants, representations or warranties, express or implied, oral or written, have been made by any Party hereto to any other Party concerning the subject matter hereof. All prior and contemporaneous conversations, negotiations, possible and alleged agreements, representations, covenants and warranties concerning the subject matter hereof are merged herein.