TaleTown is a game for Facebook, so it will be free for everyone. It combines all the fun of a choose your own adventure story with a world creation game. Players get to customize their virtual houses with items rewarded from reading through the quests. But that's just the tip of the iceberg!
A game with REAL rewards!
Players in TaleTown actually unlock download-able content for their Kindle or any other e-reader! That's right, the free to play Facebook game will be giving out free e-books of short stories, flash fiction, and serial fiction. It's long past time for games to start giving out real rewards to players.
Some of the money will go toward keeping the development team from starving while working on the project.
Some of the money will go toward promoting the game so we can get enough players.
A lot of the money will go toward paying writers and artists for the reward content. The rewards are key. They're the gifts we want to give back to people for playing. With the money we raise we'll be able to launch our Beta version of the game with over 70 free downloads in it. The more we raise, the more free e-books we can add!
In TaleTown you start with a plot of virtual land with a house on it. Inside the house is a bookshelf that holds your quests. Complete the quests and you unlock recipes to make improvements to your property. These have a genre and the things you can do to your house reflect the story styles. These are the categories:
So if you do a lot of one type of quest, you'll be able to decorate your house and yard in that style! You're also free to mix and match your tastes so if you want to create a romantic graveyard on your property, just play the romance and the creepy quests! New quests, items, and even genres will be added regularly, giving the player all sorts of options. And don't forget, as you play you'll also unlock real e-book content.
- Dozens of choose your own adventure style quests.
- Six story categories to fit your personal tastes.
- Customizable homestead, portrait, and house interior.
- Hundreds and hundreds of items for your virtual property.
- A complete crafting system for rare item creation.
- Player interactivity, trading, and co-operation.
- Dozens of free e-book reward downloads.
- Ranked Leader-boards by genre.
- A unique literary game strategy system.
- Virtual pets!
- And more...
Our team is comprised of Andrew Janssen, Jiba Anderson, and Jude W. Mire.
- Andrew is a fantastic programmer with years of experience who's most excited about the fact that he's working on a massive scale project that intersects so clearly with the arts. "Most programming doesn't allow you to interact with so many creative people. We've got writers and artists developing, musicians for the sound, and filmmakers helping promote! I love it!"
- Jiba is an Associate Professor at the Illinois Institute of Art – Schaumburg, teaching courses in Animation and Video Game Design. He's an accomplished illustrator, graphic designer, writer and owner of Griot Enterprises. He's also the creator of the spectacular comic book The Horsemen.
- Jude is a science fiction, fantasy, and horror author who spends a lot of time running writer workshops. His game design ranges from serial-killer card games to adult strategy sex games. He's also the owner of Forte' Framing and Gallery in Wicker Park.
We'd like to thank everybody for taking the time to check out our project. Time is valuable and we really appreciate stopping by to see what we're up to. We're incredibly excited about this project and the enthusiasm for it is growing day by day as our team gets further into it.
For those of you who donated already; you're all awesome. You've really helped a project that will build a bridge between gaming and reading and still manages to be all sorts of fun in the process! Thanks for being a part of our vision.
Here's a link to our blog: TaleTown Blog .
Here's our Facebook page: Facebook Page Be sure to Like us!
What exactly IS a "Standrew"? See Here!
The Paths Not Taken
- (90 days)