September 3rd Update : Pledge Manger soon, Likely shipping delays, more great photos!
We sincerely appreciate your continued patience, and apologise for the lack of updates.
The short version of the update:
The Pledge Manager will be available very soon. We still prefer not to give an exact date, but our external developer has made concrete progress and we hope to put together the remaining elements this week.
We are making good progress with completing models for production, and aim to wrap up that phase of the project before October.
We are on track to start shipping pledges in October, but it is likely the majority of pledges will now ship out in November and December, and some may not ship until early 2019. We apologise for misjudging the delivery time frame, and will do everything we can to get pledges shipped as soon as possible.
Scroll down for a longer version of this update with more detailed information.
Here are some photos of resin production sprues!
Above, the final Burning Rose Accessory Sprue and Specialist Weapon Upgrade Pack. Both these include most of the parts from the original renders, plus plenty more bits we were able to squeeze on! These are included as freebies in the larger pledges, but will also be available to purchase separately at a great discounted KS price.
Above : some of the sprues and components which will make up the infantry squads.
The Castellan, weilding her twin pistols (One of three weapon options included on the sprue!),
And finally something new! These towering stone columns are up to 30mm tall, making it the largest chuck of resin in the Kickstarter!
We designed them when we realised the flying figures would benefit from an option to raise them quite a bit off the table. They will be an add-on option for all backers.
The long version of the Update, for those of you interested:
The Pledge Manager has been delayed because it was necessary to with an external designer on a completely bespoke solution. Existing Pledge Manager options did not include the functionality we needed. This has added cost, complexity and time, but we judged it worth it for the extra features and ease of use.
As well as an easy squad selection tool familiar to anyone who has used our “custom squad” regiments products, the Pledge manager will include a built in 3D visualiser similar to our “regiments designer”, which will make it much easier to see how different combinations work together.
When the pledge manager is ready, you will get an email with login details, and your account will be pre-loaded with an amount of credit equal to your pledge. We will be keeping the Pledge Manager open for at least one month.
Development of models
The majority of parts/models have been at least master moulded now, and we are prioritising sprues we need large numbers of (eg KS special sprues, legs, torsos). Limited production has already started, and full scale production will begin this month, with extra manufacturing shifts dedicated only to KS molds. We are going to make more accurate production information available as the manufacturing process accelerates.
Likely Delivery Delays
We believe in being upfront and honest with backers, and that means giving a realistic assessment of the manufacturing/shipping situation now, rather than waiting till late October.
October shipping was an estimate based on what we knew when we opened the project. We will start shipping pledges in October, starting with earlier backers who have smaller pledges, but the sheer number of sprues we need to hand cast (somewhere between 20,000 and 25,000) means it is going to take a while to get it all done and may not wrap up until Jan/Feb.
The order in which individual pledges ship out will be determined by a blend of factors, with our goal being to get the project completely fulfilled as quickly as possible. We will release a bit more information about this when we launch the Pledge Manager.
What’s contributed to the delay:
- The Kickstarter unlocked a lot of stretch goals, and because we are over excited hobbyists ourselves, we have always opted to improve and upgrade sprues where we can. We also remain committed to the highest quality product possible. This means the design and 3D printing process has taken longer than we anticipated.
- Sales of our regular products have increased since the Kickstarter launched. This is fantastic for the long term development of our product range, but means we have been constantly stretched to the limit just keeping up with normal order fulfilment and this has slowed down work on the Kickstarter. We have been training up existing staff, increasing hours, and taking on new team members, but we can only grow operations at a certain speed as it takes time to train people.
- A higher than expected number of working days have been lost due to sickness or injury in the past 3 months, which have had knock on delays throughout our operation.
What we are doing to keep the project as on track as possible:
- Delaying all our planned non-Kickstarter releases where possible
- Implementing a Saturday casting shift on at least 3 weekends a month, dedicated only to KS production.
- Hiring new staff between now and the end of the year to increase output.
- Upgrading our manufacturing area with more space and new equipment.
It is in our best interests to get the KS fulfilled as quickly as we can, because we can free up our schedule for lots of other exciting projects we want to work on (and which we know many of you are looking forward to).
We said it before, but just to be absolutely clear - no Kickstarter items will be offered for sale anywhere until after the last KS pledge has shipped.
We ask for your patience and understanding, and fully intend to make these miniatures worth the wait!
We will be happy to answer any more specific questions you have.
Thanks once more for your support.