Composer: Nathan McCree
Producer: David Burns
Orchestrator: Adam Langston
In association with:
When Nathan McCree wrote the music for the first three Tomb Raider games between 1996 and 1998, he used his favourite synthesizers available at the time. But for 20 years he dreamt of hearing his music performed by a full orchestra and choir and with the 20th Anniversary of the release of Tomb Raider in 2016, the timing was perfect to realise his dream.
On Sunday 18th December, 2016, The Tomb Raider Suite received its World Premiere, performed live by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra and the City of London Choir. Conducted by Robert Ziegler, it received three standing ovations from over 2,000 fans who attended the concert. It was an outstanding finale to the Tomb Raider 20th Anniversary celebration.
Our goal is to make a studio recording of The Tomb Raider Suite with one of England's leading orchestras in England's best loved recording studio, Abbey Road in London.
This is a unique opportunity for all Tomb Raider fans worldwide to finally own and hear a world-class recording of this music as Nathan McCree had always intended it.
Some of the themes and cues that will be included in The Tomb Raider Suite are:
…and many more.
The music has been orchestrated, copied and printed and is now ready to be recorded. We will book the studio, orchestra, choir and conductor as soon as we know the target monies have been raised. Subject to availability of the studio and the orchestra, our goal is to record in August 2017 and to have the album available worldwide by November 2017.
The process of producing a full orchestral album approximately 90 minutes in duration is extremely expensive and we cannot achieve this without your help. To hire a 76-piece orchestra and a 20-voice choir with a world-class conductor and studio engineer at one of the top studios in the world, then mix and master we need to raise £160,000. This figure also includes the costs of Kickstarter (credit card fees, Kickstarter fee, VAT and pledge fulfillment).
If we are fortunate enough to exceed our initial target, we plan to put the additional funding back into the project. There are a number of things we would like to do if this happens:
- Increase the size of the Choir for the recording at Abbey Road
- Increase the size of the Brass Section for the recording at Abbey Road
- Increase the size of the Woodwind Section for the recording at Abbey Road
- Record and release the synthesizer only version of The Tomb Raider Suite
- Remaster and release the original, unchanged game soundtracks for Tomb Raider I, II and III
- Film and release a TV / DVD documentary about the making of The Tomb Raider Suite
WHY BE A PART OF OUR PROJECT?
This is our chance, as Tomb Raider fans, to get a professional studio recording of the music of Tomb Raider I, II and III. You will be helping all Tomb Raider fans – original, current, and new – to appreciate the score. Our concert in London proved how exceptional the orchestrated version of the music is and how much the fans enjoyed the evening.
Here is a video presentation of “In The Blood”, a new track which Nathan wrote especially for the concert and which will appear on The Tomb Raider Suite album.
If you make our project a success you will be enabling the most recognised iconic games music to be played by one of the best orchestras in England and recorded at one of the most famous recording studios in the world.
Please help us to continue celebrating 20 years of Lara and the greatest game music ever written! If we can do this, we will finally hear the music as we all have always dreamt it could be. Success could lead not only to Tomb Raider: Live In Concert touring worldwide, but also for entry into the classical repertoire so it can be performed by orchestras across the globe: from the BBC Proms in London to the Boston Pops; the Tokyo Symphony Orchestra to the Berlin Philharmonic. A truly international work celebrating all that we love about Lara Croft, Tomb Raider and Nathan's iconic music...
Below are some images of the rewards:
Riesgos y desafíos
• Delays booking the recording sessions at Abbey Road due to availability of the recording studio and the orchestra. This is real, but with a minimum of two months notice we have been told, we should be able to get a slot within a week or so of when we want to record.
• Delays with digital download partners. We have already spoken with our digital distributors and this will not be an issue.
• Blockage with CD signing. This is a potential problem if we get a large response to this project. It is physically possible to sign 10,000 CDs over a period of 3 months but if we are lucky enough to exceed this number then we could be facing a slippage in our schedule.
• Delays with packaging and posting. Again if we’re fortunate enough to get a large response to this project there may be a slight delay with our deliveries.
Período de financiamiento
Del al (30 días)