AnyMote Home fills the last gap in home automation by bringing you full control over InfraRed controllable electronics like your TV, DVD/BluRay player, amplifier, air conditioner and even IR-controlled power plugs.
Through extreme power efficiency algorithms, Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connectivity and 360° control, AnyMote Home makes it easy for you to control your entire living room, using only your smartphone or tablet!
We have on average 4 remotes in our living rooms, and spend two weeks of our lifetimes looking for lost remotes. Why keep struggling with a 60-year old technology when we always have our smartphones with us ?
STEP 0: Put the AnyMote on your coffee table, or in any place where it has direct line of sight to the equipment you want to control. Indirect/reflected line of sight might also work, depending on the reflecting surface.
STEP 1: Launch Smart IR Remote on your phone or tablet(iOS and Android compatible) and wait 2 seconds for it to find your AnyMote Home. If multiple AnyMotes are available, you'll be prompted to pick one that will control the device you're about to add.
STEP 2: Pick a category, type in your model and go through the intuitive testing process to find and select the best matching remote for your device. In the small chance that your device isn't supported by our database, you can record the commands you need.
STEP 3: Repeat Step 2 for each device you want to control, then start using your phone as an universal remote!
AnyMote Home is accompanied by Smart IR Remote (iPhone / iPad version to come), the app that everyone in the past year and a half agrees is that it's simply the best universal IR remote ever created for a smartphone. With the ability to create macros, automation through own tasks (like "IF phone rings THEN mute everything"), Tasker integration and IFTTT (planned), you'll be able to have your living room work for you.
If you're worried about device coverage, don't be: having Smart IR Remote for sale for over a year means we've had time to build one of the most comprehensive databases of remotes ever created. With nearly 800,000 remotes, you're most certainly covered! Even if you're not, AnyMote Home's learning feature will get you the last few steps over the finish line.
To sweeten the deal, we have commands you'll never find on the original remotes, despite their unmeasurable value. For example, for Samsung, LG, and many other TVs, we have discrete buttons for switching directly to HDMI1, HDMI 2, ..; setting the MUTE to ON or OFF; etc.. You no longer have to toggle through inputs, mute, or other settings - simply go in one setting directly to the state you need, without even having to look at your TV!
With battery power and absolutely no wires, 4 high-power IR leds for 360° view and huge IR range of 10 meters (33 feet), you can put AnyMote Home anywhere in the room where there's a line of sight to your equipment (most of the time, that line can even be bounced off a wall).
You don't have to worry about battery life either. Our hardware + software is custom built and was constructed from the ground-up to be powerful and efficient. Our several months-long tests show that two classic Duracell AA batteries should last a year with an average of 2700 commands sent daily.
This isn't just a gimmick. We've been using prototypes for months now, and it's really been liberating to not have to search for remotes all the time. Here are a few examples of our day-to-day uses:
- MUTE/PAUSE ON PHONE CALL - Each time our phone rings, the TV will become muted, our movie will pause (if there's a movie playing), and Sonos system will mute (the smartphone app also has Sonos integration through WiFi)
- ONE REMOTE TO RULE THEM ALL - With the help of a Smart Remote (that's what we call custom remotes), we made a single screen where the volume and mute buttons control a Sonos zone, channel buttons control the Set Top Box, play/pause and file browsing buttons control a XBMC player (again, through WiFi), and the power button is a macro that turns everything on or off
- WELCOME HOME - When we come home, the Sonos system starts playing the music queue, air conditioning turns on, sets the mode to COOL and temperature to 23C, and the lights to 50%. This all happens automatically, without even launching the app.
- MOVIE MODE - A single button press turns on the TV (if it wasn't already on), turns on a XBMC player, switches the TV to HDMI 3, sets the speaker volume to 50%, and turns the light off. If only there was an IR/WiFi controllable home popcorn machine...
- TV ZAPPER - This one is exclusive to Samsung phones, but cool nonetheless: with a simple hand wave upwards above the phone (without even touching it), the TV channel switches up, a hand wave downwards switches the channel down, left and right waves change the volume 5 steps. It's all configurable!
Here's what sits at the core of AnyMote Home and the accompanying Smart Remote app:
- BLE (Bluetooth 4.0 Smart) for efficient and fast communication with your phone / tablet
- CC2541 by Texas Instruments chip for a reliable BLE stack and ideal performance
- 4 high-power IR LEDs for 360 degree view and 10m (33ft) range. Most times, you don't even need direct line of sight as signal easily bounces off walls and furniture
- 1 IR receiver that can capture signals from 4m (13ft) away
- 20kHz - 60Khz IR signal frequency
- 2xAA batteries - with 2000mAh each (classic Duracell), lasts one year with an average of 2700 commands/day
- 10cm (4 inch) radius, 4.5cm (1.8 inch) height
- OTA updates delivered through Smart IR Remote on your phone
- Multiple simultaneous connections possible through some clever tricks in the Smart IR Remote app running on your phone
Smart IR Remote (the app controlling AnyMote Home):
- Already published on Google Play, currently works with phones that have an IR Blaster integrated (Galaxy S4, S5, HTC One), has a rating of 4.6/5 out with 100.000 customers.
- Database of 800.000 remotes, with more added daily
- Integration with devices over WiFi and Internet (existing: XBMC, VLC, Sonos, Roku, etc.., planned: Nest, Smart Things, LIFX, and anything that's technically possible)
- macros for combining commands, tasks (if this then that), widgets, floating remotes (chathead style remotes, for true multi-tasking - Android-only)
- Integration with Tasker, planned integration with IFTTT, Google Now
- iOS app is 90% done, with estimated launch date in November 2014. All backers will get (optional) beta access.
- Android Wear integration (planned), Samsung Gear 2 (Tizen) integration - partially released
- control unlimited devices (no stupid limits for just 3, 5, 15, etc..)
We're experts in building software, but when it comes to hardware projects like these, building a product isn't just making fancy plastic cases, timelines, or even perfectly working prototypes. Timelines get adjusted, sometimes for the worst, but we've planned conservatively and found reliable partners with experience in the area so that we'd be able to keep track with our plan as closely as possible.
Our prototype is working 100% and the electronic design we have is at it's final version. Through the already published android app that was used and tested by hundreds of thousands of customers, AnyMote Home currently acts just like an external IR Blaster for your phone.
Besides everyone else involved in this project, we'd like to thank the guys at Digital New Media for offering to help us with our campaign video! We couldn't have done it without you!
Risks and challenges
We’ve been working hard for the past year to ensure high quality and delivery on time. As with every hardware project though, we might experience unexpected delays as we are building the first batch.
COMPONENTS SUPPLY CHAIN - We've done our best to keep everything simple, use reliable and time-proven components, so supply won't be a problem or even finding backup sources. However, the unexpected can always happen, but delays are unlikely to happen because of supplies.
FCC/CE/etc.. CERTIFICATION - These are all about radiation done by the product being certified, and since our BLE chip is one used by hundreds of other projects, and designed by industry-leading Texas Instruments, we expect this to go smoothly. As with all products though, there is a chance we won't pass their tests from the first try.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (46 days)