Project in Process
We've just hit the halfway mark for the Kickstarter, only 15 more days to go. The good news is that the project is 67% funded, so there is a very good chance that it will fund completely. Many thanks to all you backers.
Angela and I have both been hard at work. Angela has been stewing ideas for the new cover and making tweaks to some already completed art. I put together a mock up of all the pictures and words so that we can make sure everything is working in harmony. It looks good. Here is one of my mock up pages:
You can see that we haven't yet done the color processing to blend the edges of the digital image into the white of the paper. But now Angela and I can see how everything works together. Sometimes I put together a page and realize that I need to adjust the words. Often this is because Angela's art is so evocative that I can just let the picture tell that part of the story. This is one of the most enjoyable parts of the process for me.
When I'm not working on layout or one of the other dozen projects my family has going on, I've been out and about on the internet trying to spread the word about Strength of Wild Horses.
I was over on Mary Robinette Kowal's blog talking about My Favorite Bit of the Strength of Wild Horses project:
I wrote a piece about Why Picture Books Matter:
And I participated in a podcast interview where I discussed this project and how Howard and I live in our household with two creative careers.
There will be more interviews and announcements to come. Thank you for taking this trip with Angela and me.