About this project
Achieve Laundry Detergent is more than just an environmentally-friendly cleaning product. The mission of this detergent is to provide meaningful employment opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities and 100% of the proceeds go toward accomplishing that goal. Despite their eagerness to work, diverse talents, and infectiously positive attitudes, people with developmental disabilities have one of the highest unemployment rates of any demographic. Achieve is working to solve that problem one load of laundry at a time!
There are many compelling reasons for consumers to purchase Achieve Clean Laundry Detergent:
- Environmentally-Friendly - Achieve Clean Laundry Detergent contains no dyes or petroleum - it is water-based and free from harmful additives. We have recently passed the initial approval stages for the EPA's Safer Choice designation.
- Unscented - There are no artificial scents added to the detergent, which means it is unlikely to trigger allergies.
- Cost Efficient - Compare the cost per load with other brands and you'll find that Achieve detergent is competitively priced! You don't have to spend more to get a better product for a better cause.
- HE Compatible - Achieve Clean is formulated to work in high-efficiency washing machines as well as standard washers.
- Made in the U.S.A. - Our detergent is manufactured and bottled in Minnesota.
- Wash with a Cause! - The best reason to switch to Achieve Clean Laundry Detergent is that 100% of the proceeds go to support job training and programs for people with disabilities. Additionally, the detergent is bottled, labeled, and sold by people with disabilities so when you buy this product, you support their jobs!
The mission and purpose of this organization is to provide employment training and business experience for adults with developmental disabilities. These activities and experiences teach the organization’s clients transferable life and vocational skills which enhance self-confidence and self-esteem, and foster independence.
One hundred percent of the proceeds from Achieve Laundry Detergent are invested directly back into programs that create jobs for people with developmental disabilities.
Achieve Clean Was Covered by Fox 9 News!
Other Media Coverage:
THE BIG MOVE
In July of 2015 Achieve Clean is moving to a new production facility at 7500 University Ave. in Fridley, MN! We are thrilled to have a new, bigger space to produce the detergent and create exciting new jobs. Check out some photos of what the new space will look like:
There are quite a few things that we will need in order to help us get started:
Lift Gate for Our Truck - $10,000
Electric Pallet Jack - $5,500
Pallet Racks - $4,500
New Bottle Filler - $4,500
Point of Sale System - $1,200
Air Compressor - $300
Hand Pallet Jack - $600
Horizontal Storage Tank - $400
Front Desk - $800
Office Desks - $600
Tables and Chairs - $800
Exterior Signs - $1,500
Plus smaller items including cleaning supplies, cabinets, product displays, coat racks, and much more.
Achieve Clean LLC is a registered 501(c)(3) in the state of Minnesota. This means that contributions are tax deductible as allowed by law. The cash value of any rewards must be subtracted from the total contribution (i.e. 2 bottles of detergent are valued at $32.00 so that value should be subtracted from the total).
Check out the latest commercial that we made:
CONNECT WITH US
You can follow all of the latest updates about Achieve Clean Laundry Detergent by connecting with us on social media:
OUR WEBSITE: www.achieveclean.org
We will be releasing updates as the project progresses, so please help get the word out!
Risks and challenges
We have already started production of Achieve Clean Laundry Detergent, so the major risks are minimal compared to other products that haven't launched yet. There are always risks when setting up a new production facility, but we are confident that we have the right team to get everything done.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (36 days)