Hello, we are Battle Systems and we make terrain for 28mm tabletop wargames.
We currently design and sell a downloadable sci-fi range which the customer constructs themselves. Although it is popular with hobbyists we have decided to make something easier for gamers who don't have time to build our sets from scratch.
We've designed a line of terrain which is easy to assemble with no painting, gluing or cutting required. Over the last 6 months we have been teasing our followers on Facebook and our blog with sneak peeks of our prototypes and the response has been overwhelmingly positive.
Our terrain is ideal for many game systems including Warhammer 40K, Infinity, Mercs, Zone Mortalis, War Path, Star Wars Minis, Deadzone and Pandora. It's also ideal for non-sci-fi systems such as Achtung! Cthulhu :)
- A few of our backers have put together a collected wishlist (the fans call it a tasklist, cheeky blighters) and a list of games that they think are compatible with our terrain. We're not necessarily endorsing it, we're just saying it's there :) http://quests-of-legend.weebly.com/battle-systems---fanpage.html
- Here's the list as a text file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2930431/battle_systems/battle_system_wishes.txt
- Also, here's a fan survey. Talk to Lex in the comments if you want him to add something :) https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1z4933v55gcQSVinJUen2a7-VPcVlNIFUjgEACGmmcfQ/viewform
- Yannick has come up with this handy calculator for figuring out how many stretch goals you'll get and how much it'll cost (we're not responsible for its accuracy, just passing it on ;) This is the latest Yannick/Jason consolidated version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8zkz1nkh4a3grk/PledgeCalculatorBattleSystems01122013.xlsx
- Lex has come up with a Sketchup file for you to be able to experiment with terrain layouts: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfiybzyhqwrwwg3/SWBfA1.skp here's a preview pic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4waszkdhvzwf7z/BfAroomsnap.png
An introduction to Battle Systems' sci-fi terrain.
More details including how to use ramps and toughness tests.
If you would like a large single level set please check out Add-on 8 further down this page.
Stretch goals are unlocked when we hit sufficient funding goals. Some unlocked stretch goals will be supplied free with the Stronghold pledge. Not to be confused with add-ons.
Stretch goal 1 was unlocked at £28,000!
Stretch goal 2 was unlocked at £36,000!
Stretch goal 3 was unlocked at £44,000!
Stretch goal 4 was unlocked at £54,000!
Stretch goal 5 was unlocked at £58,000!
Stretch goal 6 was unlocked at £62,000!
Stretch goal 7 was unlocked at £67,000!
Stretch goal 8 was unlocked at £72,000!
Stretch goal 9 was unlocked at £80,000!
Stretch goal 10 was unlocked at £86,000!
Stretch goal 11 was unlocked at £92,000!
Stretch goal 12 was unlocked at £100,000!
Stretch goal 13 was unlocked at £105,000!
Stretch goal 14 was unlocked at £110,000!
Stretch goal 15 was unlocked at £120,000!
Stretch goal 16 was unlocked at £125,000!
Stretch goal 17 was unlocked at £130,000!
Stretch goal 18 was unlocked at £135,000!
Stretch goal 19 was unlocked at £140,000!
Stretch goal 20 was unlocked at £146,000!
Stretch goal 21 was unlocked at £152,000!
Stretch goal 22 was unlocked at £162,000!
Stretch goal 23 was unlocked at £169,000!
Stretch goal 24 was unlocked at £174,000!
Stretch goal 25 was unlocked at £180,000!
Stretch goal 26 was unlocked at £185,000!
Stretch goal 27 was unlocked at £190,000!
Stretch goal 28 was unlocked at £200,000!
Stretch goal 29 was unlocked at £216,000!
Additional items you can buy if you choose the Outpost pledge and above. (Add-on 8 (Hulk) is an exception to that rule. See Add-on 8 for details). Add-ons should not be confused with stretch goals.
- If you want to buy the Hulk add-on only (ie. without an Outpost pledge or above)please pledge £1 then increase the pledge to the cost of the Hulk add-on.
- The Hulk add-on is the only add-on where you don't need an Outpost pledge or higher.
- If you already have a pledge level simply add the cost as any normal add-on.
- You can include as many other add-ons as you like.
The standard large tile is 20cm x 20cm (approx. 8 inch x 8 inch). It has 25mm (2.5cm) squares on it. The small tiles are half that size at 10cm x 10cm. The Stronghold pledge has 9 large tiles which can make a 2 foot x 2 foot square.
1. Pick your pledge(s)
2. Include any add-ons.
3. Calculate postage.
4. Add it all together and pledge that amount.
5. If this campaign is successful we will contact you to confirm what you want so please make a note of what you have chosen.
If the campaign does not reach its funding goal you will not be charged any money.
1. Choose your pledge level and calculate your postage based on your location.
2. If you choose more than one pledge add the postage for each pledge (sorry, no discounts for bulk orders).
3. Add it all together and include your postage costs with your pledge(s). Add-ons are free from postage costs.
Please note that you are responsible for any import taxes and duties that may occur at your end.
Risks and challenges
This is our first Kickstarter campaign so we are new to this but we have done our homework, we have had brilliant advice from people in the know, we have tried to anticipate any problems and have done our utmost to ensure that it all runs as smoothly as possible.
We have already sourced our manufacturers who are poised and ready to roll as soon as we give the nod. We know how much it will cost, how long it will take to produce and how much delivery will cost in both time and money.
We have taken into account delays and problems in manufacturing and have given the time-scale as a worst case scenario so many customers should, with luck, get their goods ahead of schedule.
The final product might vary slightly from our prototypes in look and quantity. We are pushing the manufacturing process to its limits and there may be some components that need adjustment and certain quantities may need to be re-assessed if there are problems at the manufacturing stage.
We are ready to run and we just need your help to get us started. If we get stuck we will work through it to deliver you the best product possible, not a half baked compromise. We design and make all our prototypes in house and we want you to get what we have envisioned.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)