About this project
Hello, we are Battle Systems and we make terrain for 28mm tabletop wargames.
We currently design and sell a downloadable sci-fi range which the customer constructs themselves. Although it is popular with hobbyists we have decided to make something easier for gamers who don't have time to build our sets from scratch.
We've designed a line of terrain which is easy to assemble with no painting, gluing or cutting required. Over the last 6 months we have been teasing our followers on Facebook and our blog with sneak peeks of our prototypes and the response has been overwhelmingly positive.
Our terrain is ideal for many game systems including Warhammer 40K, Infinity, Mercs, Zone Mortalis, War Path, Star Wars Minis, Deadzone and Pandora. It's also ideal for non-sci-fi systems such as Achtung! Cthulhu :)
- A few of our backers have put together a collected wishlist (the fans call it a tasklist, cheeky blighters) and a list of games that they think are compatible with our terrain. We're not necessarily endorsing it, we're just saying it's there :) http://quests-of-legend.weebly.com/battle-systems---fanpage.html
- Here's the list as a text file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2930431/battle_systems/battle_system_wishes.txt
- Also, here's a fan survey. Talk to Lex in the comments if you want him to add something :) https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1z4933v55gcQSVinJUen2a7-VPcVlNIFUjgEACGmmcfQ/viewform
- Yannick has come up with this handy calculator for figuring out how many stretch goals you'll get and how much it'll cost (we're not responsible for its accuracy, just passing it on ;) This is the latest Yannick/Jason consolidated version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8zkz1nkh4a3grk/PledgeCalculatorBattleSystems01122013.xlsx
- Lex has come up with a Sketchup file for you to be able to experiment with terrain layouts: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfiybzyhqwrwwg3/SWBfA1.skp here's a preview pic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4waszkdhvzwf7z/BfAroomsnap.png
An introduction to Battle Systems' sci-fi terrain.
More details including how to use ramps and toughness tests.
If you would like a large single level set please check out Add-on 8 further down this page.
Stretch goals are unlocked when we hit sufficient funding goals. Some unlocked stretch goals will be supplied free with the Stronghold pledge. Not to be confused with add-ons.
Stretch goal 1 was unlocked at £28,000!
Stretch goal 2 was unlocked at £36,000!
Stretch goal 3 was unlocked at £44,000!
Stretch goal 4 was unlocked at £54,000!
Stretch goal 5 was unlocked at £58,000!
Stretch goal 6 was unlocked at £62,000!
Stretch goal 7 was unlocked at £67,000!
Stretch goal 8 was unlocked at £72,000!
Stretch goal 9 was unlocked at £80,000!
Stretch goal 10 was unlocked at £86,000!
Stretch goal 11 was unlocked at £92,000!
Stretch goal 12 was unlocked at £100,000!
Stretch goal 13 was unlocked at £105,000!
Stretch goal 14 was unlocked at £110,000!
Stretch goal 15 was unlocked at £120,000!
Stretch goal 16 was unlocked at £125,000!
Stretch goal 17 was unlocked at £130,000!
Stretch goal 18 was unlocked at £135,000!
Stretch goal 19 was unlocked at £140,000!
Stretch goal 20 was unlocked at £146,000!
Stretch goal 21 was unlocked at £152,000!
Stretch goal 22 was unlocked at £162,000!
Stretch goal 23 was unlocked at £169,000!
Stretch goal 24 was unlocked at £174,000!
Stretch goal 25 was unlocked at £180,000!
Stretch goal 26 was unlocked at £185,000!
Stretch goal 27 was unlocked at £190,000!
Stretch goal 28 was unlocked at £200,000!
Stretch goal 29 was unlocked at £216,000!
Additional items you can buy if you choose the Outpost pledge and above. (Add-on 8 (Hulk) is an exception to that rule. See Add-on 8 for details). Add-ons should not be confused with stretch goals.
- If you want to buy the Hulk add-on only (ie. without an Outpost pledge or above)please pledge £1 then increase the pledge to the cost of the Hulk add-on.
- The Hulk add-on is the only add-on where you don't need an Outpost pledge or higher.
- If you already have a pledge level simply add the cost as any normal add-on.
- You can include as many other add-ons as you like.
The standard large tile is 20cm x 20cm (approx. 8 inch x 8 inch). It has 25mm (2.5cm) squares on it. The small tiles are half that size at 10cm x 10cm. The Stronghold pledge has 9 large tiles which can make a 2 foot x 2 foot square.
1. Pick your pledge(s)
2. Include any add-ons.
3. Calculate postage.
4. Add it all together and pledge that amount.
5. If this campaign is successful we will contact you to confirm what you want so please make a note of what you have chosen.
If the campaign does not reach its funding goal you will not be charged any money.
1. Choose your pledge level and calculate your postage based on your location.
2. If you choose more than one pledge add the postage for each pledge (sorry, no discounts for bulk orders).
3. Add it all together and include your postage costs with your pledge(s). Add-ons are free from postage costs.
Please note that you are responsible for any import taxes and duties that may occur at your end.
Risks and challenges
This is our first Kickstarter campaign so we are new to this but we have done our homework, we have had brilliant advice from people in the know, we have tried to anticipate any problems and have done our utmost to ensure that it all runs as smoothly as possible.
We have already sourced our manufacturers who are poised and ready to roll as soon as we give the nod. We know how much it will cost, how long it will take to produce and how much delivery will cost in both time and money.
We have taken into account delays and problems in manufacturing and have given the time-scale as a worst case scenario so many customers should, with luck, get their goods ahead of schedule.
The final product might vary slightly from our prototypes in look and quantity. We are pushing the manufacturing process to its limits and there may be some components that need adjustment and certain quantities may need to be re-assessed if there are problems at the manufacturing stage.
We are ready to run and we just need your help to get us started. If we get stuck we will work through it to deliver you the best product possible, not a half baked compromise. We design and make all our prototypes in house and we want you to get what we have envisioned.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
The terrain is pre-punched, 1.7mm thick card, printed in a high quality finish on both sides.
The standard large tile is 20cm x 20cm (approx. 8 inch x 8 inch). It has 25mm squares on it. The Stronghold pledge has 9 tiles which can make a 2 foot x 2 foot square.
Yes you can, it should work comfortably for any system from 25-30mm scale.
The Station pledge is the best option for you, it has the same footfall as the Stronghold pledge but none of the kit needed to build multi-levels.
The Outpost pledge is small but perfectly formed. It is single level rather than multi-level but will still give you the feel of the larger sets. You could even throw in a few add-ons.
It is very stable, the clips keep everything nice and sturdy. Also, the weight of the terrain means it sits on the floor panels without needing to be anchored.
As an example the Stronghold pledge, without stretch goals, would weigh a little under 3 kg.
We are based in the UK so all transactions are in British pounds.
We are based in the UK but much of our custom comes from abroad. Due to the hefty weight of this product (up to 5 kg including stretch goals!) we have been forced to charge some postage. We've kept it as low as we can and are absorbing some of the cost ourselves. You are responsible for any import taxes and duties that may occur at your end.
You will need to add together the postage costs of each pledge.
Not for this particular campaign.
Kickstarter doesn't have a facility for add-ons but there is a work around. Just add up the total of your pledge, including add-ons and pledge that. After the campaign ends we'll send you a pledge manager and you can tell us what you want.
Kickstarter doesn't have an option for PayPal so we will attempt to include it in the pledge manager we will send out after the campaign. To receive the pledge manager you will need to pledge £1. You can then tell us what you want and pay the full amount with PayPal.
It's completely modular, even the floor tiles can be arranged any way you want.
The boxes are of a sturdy clear plastic and measure L 35cm x W 21cm x H 14cm which fits up to 52 assembled Walls, Doors and Hangers and are available in any good stationary shop for about £8 for large size and £4 for small. The small ones are the same size except only 7cm high and are great for assembled room items and clips.
The ramps are the basis of every wall and the assorted shapes help you make more complex structures such as corners, dead ends in corridors and towers. We don't think you can have too many.
If you buy two sets, you will get two times the stretch goals, if you buy 3 sets you will get 3 times the stretch goals and so on.
We think you should jump on board as early as possible for two reasons:
* You will get much more from the Kickstarter than you will in a retail box.
* Without your support on Kickstarter it might never reach the shops!
No, this terrain is 100% physical, pre-punched card.
If this Kickstarter campaign is a success we have several new projects lined up including fantasy terrain.
Support this project
- (30 days)