About this project
Hello, we are Battle Systems and we make terrain for 28mm tabletop wargames.
Last year we launched our Sci-fi Modular Terrain right here on Kickstarter. It was very popular and has now been delivered to most of our backers.
Due to many requests we've now designed a line of fantasy terrain based on our modular design which is easy to assemble with no painting required. Over the last few months we have been teasing our followers on Facebook and our blog with sneak peeks of our prototypes and the response has been overwhelmingly positive.
Our terrain is ideal for many game systems including Mordhiem, Wrath of Kings, Dungeon Saga, Super Dungeon Explore, Fanticide, Dark Age, Malifaux, Dungeon Quest and D&D amongst many others. It's also ideal for sci-fi systems where you might encounter labyrinths and dungeon environments, and is completely compatible with our current sci-fi range.
For more pics and information please check out our videos and read our handy FAQ's.
- Yannick has forwarded us a pledge calculator, we don't know how accurate it is, we're just saying it's there :)
- Latest version 1.10: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbh46694ml1rr97/PledgeCalculatorFantasyV1.10.xlsx?dl=0
- A money only version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9a0wate22va1k0l/Yannick-money-only-05.xlsx?dl=0
- Quests has set up a Fantasy wishlist (by 'wish' read 'demand' ;) http://quests-of-legend.weebly.com/battlesystemsfantasy.html
- And a wishlist for the next KS compiled by Claus: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2930431/battle_systems/battle_system_next_kickstarter_wishes.txt
- A fan made poll by Jeff, about the next BS KS theme: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=54075b34e4b062e9cdb2592c
- The official backer avatar ;) https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0trj05x6ccylo2/ilovebs.jpg?dl=0
- Cardboard insanity by Mucus: http://www.hiboox.fr/go/albums/nature-decouverte/omg,f0a98cd2931b3bda158284b56d266aac
- The fan forum: http://battlesystemsfans.forumotion.com
- Fan made Monty Python/Battle Systems Board Game (in development) http://battlesystemsfans.forumotion.com/t38-monty-python-s-the-holy-grail-board-game-fan-developed Work In Progress files: (15-09-14) https://www.dropbox.com/s/yew3aif5wyfanif/monty-150914.zip?dl=0
This video shows how the terrain is put together and how it stands up to various strength tests.
Stretch goals are unlocked when we hit sufficient funding levels. Many of the unlocked stretch goals will be free with the Dungeon pledge while others are add-ons that will be available to buy. More Stretch goals will be revealed as they are unlocked.
STRETCH GOAL 28 WAS UNLOCKED AT 195K!
STRETCH GOAL 27 WAS UNLOCKED AT 185K!
STRETCH GOAL 26 UNLOCKED AT 175K!
STRETCH GOAL 25 WAS UNLOCKED AT 166K!
STRETCH GOAL 24 WAS UNLOCKED AT 160K!
STRETCH GOAL 23 WAS UNLOCKED AT 155K!
STRETCH GOAL 22 WAS UNLOCKED AT 145K!
STRETCH GOAL 21 WAS UNLOCKED AT 140K!
STRETCH GOAL 20 WAS UNLOCKED AT 135K!
STRETCH GOAL 19 WAS UNLOCKED AT 128K!
STRETCH GOAL 18 WAS UNLOCKED AT 124K!
STRETCH GOAL 17 WAS UNLOCKED AT 121K!
STRETCH GOAL 16 WAS UNLOCKED AT 118K!
STRETCH GOAL 15 WAS UNLOCKED AT 114K!
STRETCH GOAL 14 WAS UNLOCKED AT £110K!
STRETCH GOAL 13 WAS UNLOCKED AT £106K!
STRETCH GOAL 12 WAS UNLOCKED AT £100K!
STRETCH GOAL 11 WAS UNLOCKED AT £97K!
STRETCH GOAL 10 WAS UNLOCKED AT 94K!
STRETCH GOAL 9 WAS UNLOCKED AT 90K!
STRETCH GOAL 8 WAS UNLOCKED AT 666 BACKERS!
STRETCH GOAL 7 WAS UNLOCKED AT 87K!
STRETCH GOAL 6 WAS UNLOCKED AT 81K!
STRETCH GOAL 5 WAS UNLOCKED AT £75K!
STRETCH GOAL 4 WAS UNLOCKED AT 500 BACKERS!
STRETCH GOAL 3 WAS UNLOCKED AT £55K!
STRETCH GOAL 2 WAS UNLOCKED AT £43K!
STRETCH GOAL 1 WAS UNLOCKED AT £33K!
Additional items you can buy. To order add-ons make a note of what you want and add the total cost to your pledge. After the Kickstarter ends we will send you our pledge manager and you can tell us which add-ons you chose. Shipping for add-ons is included.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL NEED A MINIMUM OF A DUNGEON PLEDGE TO BUY ADD-ONS.
The Wall Converters are used to make multi-levels by changing standard walls into sheer walls.
We will be using the BackerKit pledge manager to fulfill our orders. We used BackerKit for our Sci-fi terrain and were happy with the results. We will send our backers the pledge manager about two weeks after the Kickstarter ends. You then use the pledge manager to order your add-ons and to give us your shipping details.
We recommend storing your terrain in sturdy plastic containers. We use containers that measure L 35cm x W 21cm x H 14cm which can fit up to 52 assembled Walls. The small containers are 7cm high and are ideal for assembled room items and clips.
Containers of this type are available in any good stationary shop for about £8 (large) or £4 (small). Please note that we do not provide containers.
1. Choose your reward level and your add-ons. Add the two together.
2. Add the shipping costs. UK postage is free and postage for add-ons is included. Use the total as your pledge level.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TAX AND DUTIES AT YOUR END.
3. After the KS we will send you our pledge manager where you can choose your add-ons and give us your shipping address.
4. Sit back and let us do all the hard work :)
Risks and challenges
This is our second Kickstarter campaign, the first being our Sci-fi terrain which was successfully funded, manufactured and shipped to our backers.
We already know exactly what's involved in producing this product and we will be using the same manufacturers and suppliers. As we design and make the terrain ourselves we already have a working prototype and this has been play tested as was our Sci-fi range.
We know how much it will cost, how long it will take to produce and how much delivery will cost in both time and money.
We have taken into account delays and problems in manufacturing and have given the time-scale as a worse case scenario so many customers should get their goods ahead of schedule. Issues can always arise and we are ready for them should anything go wrong.
The final product may vary slightly from our prototypes in look and quantity. As with our Sci-fi terrain we are pushing the manufacturing process to its limits and there may be some components that need adjustment and certain quantities may need to be re-assessed if there are problems at the manufacturing stage. Having said that we had no issues in either look or quantity with our last project :o)
We are ready to run and we just need your help to get this new range started. If we get stuck we will work through it to deliver you the best product possible, not a half baked compromise. We are gamers and absolutely love what we do so we want you to get what we have envisioned.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)