A documentary capturing an unprecedented, border-to-border crossing of Bhutan - one of the happiest places on earth. Read more
This project was successfully funded on October 14, 2012.
300 Hours, 100 Colored Notecards, and a White Wall
~ Kuzu Zangpo! ~
The last few weeks we’ve jumped headfirst into post-production for The Happiest Place. Here’s a behind-the-scenes glimpse at our process for organizing the 300+ hours of footage into a meaningful story: 300 Hours, 100 Colored Notecards, and a White Wall (If you dig it / want more of this sort of content, please share / let the world know!)
We have a few other updates for you - but first, we just have to send you another HUGE bear-hug for all that you’ve done to make our Kickstarter campaign successful. With your help, we’re going to make an amazing film!
Now, the updates:
- Website! We’ve launched a website for The Happiest Place! Check it out here: http://thehappiestplacefilm.com (If you dig it, please share / let the world know!)
- We’re looking for some coding help / support (familiarity with Squarespace a huge plus) to make a few modifications to the template - let us know if you’d like to help!
- Rewards! It’s a bit too early for us to give a clear timeline on downloads and DVDs. The first milestone is getting the film edited (and amazing!). Then, as we start discussions with distributors we’ll have a better sense of timeline.
- Stay tuned for word on the rest of the rewards - we'll be sending out surveys connected to the rewards closer to the fulfillment dates: rough cut screenings (Jan / Feb timeframe), photos (Jan / Feb) & photo books (Feb / March).
- If you gave more than $10, you'll find your name or Kickstarter handle on our "Team" page here as a big THANK YOU. That's a LOT of names (900+)! For now we're using your Kickstarter handle on the website, but in the coming weeks / months we'll be sending out surveys connected to fulfilling your other prizes to ensure we get the proper name to honor you.
- Post Timeline - Currently, we’re aiming for mid-February to have festival-ready cut of the film complete, which would put us on track for a festival premiere in March or beyond of 2013! The timeline is quite tenacious (I'm hearing way to many stories of 2-year doc edits) but we're throwing everything we have into this edit and feel confident about our timeline.
- Distribution - We’ve been contracted by a few companies who are excited about working with us to distribute the film. It’s a good sign. Now we just need to deliver the goods!
That’s all for now. As always, please do email us at email@example.com if you have any questions / thoughts / or ideas for the film. Or just want to say hello.
Wishing you and yours happiness,
Ben & The Happiest Place Film Team
PS - Kadinchey means "thank you" and, though we didn't produce the video (below), it captures the spirit of of the project - and our gratitude - beautifully.