The Essential T: The Modern Man's T- Shirt
The Essential T: The Modern Man's T- Shirt
Chromaculture is launching the Essential T, designed for active men. Fits well, feels great and won't shrink. Made in USA
Chromaculture is launching the Essential T, designed for active men. Fits well, feels great and won't shrink. Made in USA Read more
About this project
Thanks for checking out my project.
Ever since I printed my first T-shirt in my dorm room at UC Santa Cruz, I have wanted to start a clothing line. I have always been fascinated by how things are made.
After working with dozens of T-shirt manufacturers over the years, I have yet to find a product that meets my standards. So I decided to make my own. The process has been long and informative, but evey bit has been worth it. From researching fabrics, to sourcing sewers and dye houses, I now have a sample T-shirt that fits active men, that feels great and is made and sourced in the US.
I know you will love this shirt. And you know what the best part is, it will continue to fit like it did when you bought it.
We have all the pieces of production in place. Now we need $20,000 to produce the first of many products for our line.
If you're anything like me, and have spent way too much time looking for a great T- shirt then STOP, we have that shirt!
So support us however you can. We really appreciate it!
How is The Essential T different?
We have worked with dozens of high and low end T-shirt manufacturers over the years and noticed that no one brand has addressed all three aspects that we value most; active fit, durability, and quality materials. Here is how our tee is different.
- 5.6 oz. 100% Supima cotton jersey (Heavier cotton)
- 100% cotton thread (2x thicker than standard T-shirt thread)
- Double chain-stitched neck tape (shoulder to shoulder for durability)
- 1x1 cotton collar ribbing (soft yet durable)
- Tagless label (Screen-printed inside neck for no-scratch)
- Garment dyed (Superior soft touch)
- Absolutely No Shrink
- 100% United States sourced materials
- Made in San Francisco, California, USA
Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, Double Extra Large
What is Garment dye and how does it address the shrink problem?
Garment dyeing refers to dyeing fabric after it has been sewn into a final product. There are two main advantages to this process:
1. No Shrink. With garment dyeing, the final shrink of the fabric happens during the dye process, which requires the appropriate shrink to be built in to the pattern of each batch of fabric being cut and sewn. The ‘shrink’ of the T-shirt happens before our customers even try on the shirt. So the way it fits the first time is the way it will always fit.
2. Softer Feel. The second reason for garment dyeing is for an even softer tee. By dying our shirts with natural enzymes, the Supima cotton becomes even softer than it would be normally. The end product is a super-soft, durable, no-shrink T-shirt that fits great.
What is Supima cotton and how is it different from Pima?
Supima is a trademarked term referring to Pima cotton grown exclusively in the United States. ‘Supima’ is an abbreviation for Superior Pima. Pima cotton is the generic name for extra-long staple (long fiber) cotton grown in multiple locations worldwide.
Why is the Essential T made from Supima cotton?
We want to manufacture the best fitting, most comfortable T-shirt on the market and our commitment to working with domestically sourced materials reflects that idea. The use of Supima cotton in the production of our American made T-shirt was the best choice.
Thank You Everyone
Who came together to make this project possible.
Special Thanks To:
- Russel Demaestri for shooting and editing and great video.
- Alex Hau for creative input and design
- Nate Napierala for product shots and support
- James Shaff, printer extraordinaire and extra hand
- Jeff Herbertson for encouragement and collaboration
- AND ALL YOU KICKSTSARTERS! THANKS FOR BACKING OUR PROJECT!
Risks and challenges
As with all production processes, there are speed bumps and uncontrollable circumstances along the way. All we can do is our very best to deliver our quality products to you in a timely manner.
We know you will be happy with our products and we thank you for all of your support!
Owner/ Creative Director
ChromacultureLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)