**By popular request, plush have now been added to the backer only add-on shop! Scroll down to see the updated information.**
In 2015, Kimchi Kawaii launched Punny Buns as a Kickstarter. Over 200 backers helped bring Honey Bun, Hamburger Bun and Steamed Bun to life as cute plush. Now, I'm hoping to bring in some more of the Punny Buns family. This time I am aiming for Cinnamon Bun and more Buns to be determined by you, the backers as the Kickstarter progresses.
Cinnamon Bun is one of the largest plush I've done so far, measuring 34" in circumference at the widest point and about 12" in diameter (due to size, see note below about shipping costs).
Once again, plush will be produced by PlushMe by Shinedown Productions. These are the same people who produced the high quality plush of the first Punny Buns and both Purrista Pawfee projects. Each plush will be of super soft minky with professionally embroidered features.
The goal of $9,000 will cover:
- Production and shipping costs for the plush
- Backer rewards, shipping materials and associated postage
- Taxes, and the 10% combined fee taken out by Kickstarter and Stripe (the company processing payments).
Cinnamon Bun is a larger plush and while I have done what I can, shipping will be more than my usual plush.
International backers will be responsible for any customs fees and/or taxes.
I have fun rewards planned, including:
- Punny Buns vinyl sticker sets
- Unisex t-shirts
- 1.5" hard enamel pins
- EXCLUSIVE Cinnamon Bun decoration by Cut 'N Kitschy (limited quanity)
I will have stretch goals in this Kickstarter like my previous ones, but this time, backers will vote during the campaign as each Bun funds for the one they want to work on next! Votes will be taken through Kickstarter updates.
Stretch Goal 1, Backers' Vote Winner:
Exclusive to backers, this shop will allow you to add additional items to your pledge level. Add-on shop items are handled by backers adjusting their pledges for the additional items.
Example: Backer pledges the $30 level and adds an additional $10 sticker set. Backer adjusts pledge total to $40.
- Add-on shop will close at the end of the Kickstarter on March 20, 2017.
- All add-on shop prices include the cost of additional shipping.
- Backers will indicate items added in the final survey sent out after the project closes.
- Due to the large size of the plush that can create difficulty calculating add-on shipping costs, I am not offering plush in the add-on this time. I will post an update at the end of the Kickstarter for backers only that will have a discount code that can be used in my Storenvy shop to add additional plush.
*Before pledging - make sure that the email address associated with your Kickstarter account is one that you check regularly! This address is the only way I have to communicate with you regarding backer surveys for your rewards, obtaining your shipping address and answering any questions you may have regarding the project. I want to make sure you get the rewards package for your pledge! I have had some backers miss out on previous projects as they list an email that is not used very often and then I have no way to contact them.
Risks and challenges
I already have four successfully funded Kickstarter projects -
• Sweet Dreams Strawberries: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1616607554/sweet-dreams-cute-plush-strawberry
I've gained a lot of experience from these. Many fulfillment processes are in place for smooth shipping of backer rewards.
Shinedown Productions is a well-established company for manufacturing plushies. However, like any collaborative project, production delays with the factory or shipping delays may occur, especially for overseas manufacturing. If these should happen, I will notify all backers through updates here and by email.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (19 days)