B4RM4N - be a cocktail hero
B4RM4N - be a cocktail hero
A smart shaker that helps you mix perfect cocktails every time. No scale, measuring cup or skills needed. Just pour, shake & serve!
A smart shaker that helps you mix perfect cocktails every time. No scale, measuring cup or skills needed. Just pour, shake & serve! Read more
Making a dry martini with B4RM4N
A short video demonstration showing how simple it is to prepare a drink with B4RM4N.
Cocktails at home, the easy way
1- Connect: Place B4RM4N on your table or bar, launch the app on your smartphone and simply touch the connect button. B4RM4N talks to its app through bluetooth 4.0
2 - Select your recipe & set the number of drinks you want: The B4RM4N's App is loaded with recipes, from classics to exotic ones. It can make up to 3 glasses (in volume) at a time for a given recipe.
3- Grab the ingredient the app tells you and just pour: The LEDs and sounds tell you precisely when to stop. When you’re done with one ingredient, B4RM4N shows you what to do next until the recipe is over.
4- Shake and serve: Even that smart, it's still a shaker! But rest assured B4RM4N will guide you through this step too, thanks to its accelerometer.
Then you just have to serve, share and enjoy drink it! Then do it all over again!
Thanks to its sensors and its app, B4RM4N does almost all the work for you. It walks you through every step so you can easily prepare delicious drinks with your friends and family.
The hardest part is choosing which fancy cocktail you would like to make from the long list of recipes!
B4RM4N's app will support Android and iOS mobile devices working with bluetooth 4.0.
We’ve been testing features with another app called Drinkstagram. This was developed and pushed onto the App Store 9 months ago.
All features in the iOS App Drinkstagram will be improved and implemented in the B4RM4N’s app with this simple and readable user interface.
We already have over 110 recipes on the App and that's just the beginning! We're working with professional bartenders to include the best recipes for home preparation.
Feeling creative? Like to design your own cocktails? Great! We've got you covered with the creator mode.
We like to call this feature the cocktail beamer. All you have to do is set the ingredients, pour the quantities required and enter the steps needed. Then push your recipe to the cloud. Anyone with a B4RM4N shaker will be able to prepare your recipe, precisely the way it is meant to be.
What does B4RM4N do?
It tells you everything to mix perfect cocktails:
- What ingredients you need, what and when to pour it: step by step
- How much ice to add on and which kind: ice cubes or crushed ice
- How long you need to shake, or if you need to stir for some recipes like the Manhattan or Old Fashioned
- You can muddle directly in the shaker too and prepare fresh fruit cocktails like Caipirinha or Cucumber Martini
- It tells you how many dashes of bitter to add for the perfect Mojito!
- B4RM4N suggests drinks for you to make with the ingredients that you have in your fridge and bar
- Share you own creations with the community: let the world taste your cocktails!
- Social features like share cocktail's picture on Facebook, twitter and the community, rate recipes.
Pricing, Availability, and Specifications
Pricing & Availability:
- Kickstarter Special Product Price: $159 (except early birds which are lower)
- Estimated Availability: July 2015 (we plan to ship for summer parties)
In the Box:
- Of course the B4RM4N, a three-piece cocktail Smart Shaker (body, strainer and cap, with a shiny mirror finish)
- Cord (Micro-USB charging)
- User guide
Here are some specs to get you better acquainted with B4RM4N:
Why we need you
A hardware project like B4RM4N involves upfront funds to launch manufacturing. Most importantly the molds necessary to produce the shaker and its inner pieces are expensive to build. Unfortunately, we don’t have those kind of funds.
We've invested almost all of our savings developing the project up to this stage. We have taken this risk because we truly believe in the B4RM4N, and we can't wait to see it in the hands of future cocktail heroes!
Manufacturers require a minimum number of units ordered to start production.
With your help and a starting batch of a thousand units we can make the B4RM4N a reality.
We want to create the best product possible, a product with the user in mind. We've decided to go on this adventure because it's a product that we actually wanted to exist and use. We’ve come a long way from the early sketches one year ago but we’re convinced that with your help and feedback we can make it even better.
We thank you sincerely and are deeply grateful for your support and feedback.
A BIG thanks to:
Thibaut Oskian and his team for the great video and his patience
- The startup fellowship TheFamily, who believed in us and helped us from the beginning
- Frederic Wets and Benjamin Carlu from Usine.io for their help on all manufacturing stuff
- Our partners and new friends for their help: John Bautista, Martin Kan, Calvert Wong, Marc Simon, Maurice Zhu, Haejin Chun and a very special thanks to Ariel Vardi.
- Our family who supported us so much from the start
- Our friends for their support and help while not seeing us much in the past year.
- Our son Liam who has been so patient with us and has let us work so hard.
More ways to join our community and get updates:
- Press & Bloggers – If you’d like to run a story, Our Press Kit can be found HERE
Risks and challenges
We're making a product that has never been done before. Manufacturing a product that combines electronics, hardware and software is always a challenge.
We already have a fair amount of experience in the software side and connected technologies.
We've worked (and continue to work) very hard to make sure we do things right. We are now fine tuning our design for manufacturing.
The challenges we are facing now are the ones that are always part of taking a working prototype into mass production.
So we are helped by manufacturing experts to minimise those risks in order to deliver B4RM4N to our backers with full satisfaction (hardware Hub Usine.io).
From the start of this campaign until delivery we will keep you all updated with our work and progress. If there are unexpected issues or delays we will keep you in the loop and handle it in full transparency.
The main risk for our project, is poor quality from assembly and mechanical suppliers. We’ll reduce those risks by visiting them and being on location during product-builds assembly and testing to ensure high quality control.
Our most important asset is the people who support us, believe in us and make the B4RM4N possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (37 days)