About this project
Editing thanks to Trey Falco. Music thanks to Alec Shea of Sonancy Designs.
• No Setup: Unless you count shuffling a single deck as "setting up."
• Fast Gameplay: A game of Spellslingers takes only 5 to 15 minutes, making it convenient to play just about any time.
• Easy-To-Learn: Spellslingers rules are simple, yet strategic. We've playtested with ages 11 to 74 and have found that people of all experience levels and ages can share in the spellslinging fun!
• Become A Spellslinger: Learn the ways of a Spellslinger, by casting powerful bolts of lightning, summoning raging fires, and blasting your opponents mind with psychic energy!
• Stragetic Casting: Learn many spell strategies and combos to create devastatingly awesome outcomes!
• Customize Your Play: Mix cards from multiple decks and expansions to create the gameplay YOU want. Play standard games, co-op, draft, constructed decks and even more with expansions!
Spellslingers is an easy to learn and fast-paced card game. There are no hit points, mana, tokens, dice, or counters. There's no need to waste your time consulting with a judge. The game is simple, but allows for a surprising amount of strategy.
To get the game first: We'll be shipping Spellslingers to backers first, well before anyone else can acquire the game.
To influence Spellslingers: Every game is heavily influenced by those that support it from the beginning and Spellslingers is no exception. By backing Spellslingers, you'll be able to give us feedback and ideas for new spells, treasures, locations, and more! With your support and imagination, we can bring Spellslingers to the next level!
Kickstarter Exclusive!: The penguin bear will only be included in Kickstarter backed games and will allow for a new form of play, where you and your spellcasting friends can band together to defeat him!
"Cast a spell, fight to stay alive... Quick and easy to learn, SpellSlingers is the new game night favorite!" -Silas Enrique Thomson
"So easy to learn and great fun for everyone! My new go-to gift for all my gaming buddies." -Nathan Coffey
“Spellslingers is fast and easy to learn, with a layer of depth that isn't fully appreciated at first glance...” -Trey Falco
"Easy to learn quick to play but you won't want to stop for hours!" -Lance Hagan
If you're a retailer, we're more than happy to work with you! Please send us a message with your business licence and business tax ID (or email me personally at email@example.com) to learn about our special offers.
The are four types of magic in Spellslingers that you will have at your disposal. They are:
Red (Rage): Red is the color of Rage Magic and has the most aggressive spells. It relies on the user's passion to harness powerful spells. While Rage Magic specializes in delivering damaging blows, its biggest weakness is its lack of defense.
- Green (Nature): Green is the color of Nature Magic and its spells bend nature to your will. Its strengths lie in "area of effect" attacks; powerful spells that attack all of your adversaries. Additionally, they rank second in offensive and defensive magic, making them the most balanced of the colors. Nature's biggest weakness is that it doesn't dominate in any specific area.
- Yellow (Holy): Yellow is the color of Holy Magic and allows its caster to protect and boost their allies, as well as deliver punishing blows to those that dare attack them. Holy Magic is best defensively, making them the hardest to kill, but suffers from its slow ability to react.
- Blue (Arcane): Blue is the color of Arcane Magic which excels at disruption of your enemies' focus, while learning your opponent's darkest secrets. Arcane Magic's strength lies in its ability to manipulate circumstances to your favor. Arcane's biggest weakness is it has the least offensive spells.
Our stretch goals are meant to deliver more content to you, our backers, in the form of expansions. The base game of Spellslingers is the purest and best way to experience the game, however we're really excited to add more levels of enjoyment to those looking for a more in-depth experience!
The Treasure Card Expansion Set includes 10 treasure cards, that offer valuable rewards to those that use them in their games of Spellslingers. Every player begins the game with a Treasure selected from the deck at random placed face down. Players may reveal their Treasure cards at any moment to activate their effects. Creating tension, surprise, and tactics to Spellslingers! Then as players defeat opposing Spellslingers, they loot their treasure, using it for their own spellcasting needs!
The Location Cards Expansion Set includes 10 cards that allow you to change the playing field - literally! Simply start each round with a location chosen at random. The location will grant effects ranging from drawing cards to killing Spellslingers outright! One even allows you to become a ghost to haunt those that had slain you!
The Spellslinger Cards Expansion Set includes 6 Spellslinger Character cards that allow you to shape and effect the way you play the game! Those that pledge $100 or more will receive a Spellslingers card designed in their likeness and will work closely with the Spellslingers staff on designing a card for the game! At the beginning of the game, all players select which Spellslinger they would like to play. Then during the duration of the game, your Spellslinger card will effect the way your game plays. Kyugen, of the Mists for example allows you to turn any card in your hand into a deadly hand disruption spell!
Q: If I backed the EARLY BIRD SPELLSLINGERS DECK and want an additional deck, would it cost more for me than the new DUALCASTER pledge?
A: The cost will be the exact same!
Q: Do you need multiple decks to play Spellslingers?
A: No. All you need is one Spellslingers deck in order to play!
Q: Are the Spellslingers decks customizable?
A: Yes. The Spellslingers decks are modular. If you have multiple cards, you can combine and remove them as you wish.
Risks and challenges
All projects carry some risk; however, Spellslingers is already designed, illustrated and ready for production. We’ve done the research and strongly feel that our target funding goal is sufficient to complete our project. All we need is YOUR support to acquire the funding to make the product and our vision come true!
The only risk we foresee involves shipping logistics. We don’t anticipate this preventing the project from succeeding or from being delivered as promised, but there is a chance it could impact delivery dates. We will do everything we can to ensure a smooth delivery to your doorstep!
In addition, any expansions created through your support by the way of unlocked Stretch Goals will need to be illustrated. We have two fantastic artists on staff ready to tackle any challenge you give them! We also have a half a dozen artists readily available, should we need to accelerate our time for completing the artwork for the extra content.
We promise to be transparent with any issues that arise and communicate them to you, our backers, as quickly as we can. We have a close knit network of friends and colleagues who have run successful Kickstarter campaigns, who will only help ensure any problems will be swiftly and efficiently dealt with.
Spellslingers has been play tested for over two years, with a wide variety of people from all experience levels and ages. We know it's a great game, but we want YOU to enjoy it as much as we have these past two years--now it is ready to take a joyous step onto your kitchen, coffee, and local game store tables with your help!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)