*** UPDATE ***
We've had a number of people ask the following questions via email and phone calls, so we just thought we would clarify here:
(1) Will the videos continue if you do not reach your goal? Unfortunately, no. The purpose of the Kickstarter is to establish a defined minimum upfront cost for producing the videos for the year (which amounts to less than $2/video at the $99 pledge amount).
(2) Can I just mail in a payment to you or can you take my credit card over the phone? Unfortunately, no. The reason is because the pledge should go towards actually reaching the goal. Checks mailed in or cards transacted over the phone won't go towards the goal being achieved and could potentially require the check to be returned or credit card refunded should the goal not be met by November 4th.
(3) When will my credit card be charged when I make my pledge? Your card will only be charged if the goal is met on November 4th.
(4) If you meet your goal, will the videos be publicly available or only to those who have a subscription? Only to those who have a subscription, which can be acquired even after the Kickstarter campaign but it will be $125 as opposed to $99. The videos will be accessible by logging into your account at www.CatholicProductions.com. If you do not have an account already at our store, we will create one for you before the launch of the new series of videos and give you all of your login credentials so you can view each week's video at your leisure.
The Mass Readings Explained started with the desire to help people better prepare for Mass, as well as to help priests and deacons prepare homilies. We initially sought to create short and simple videos, but that quickly evolved into in-depth videos requiring a large amount of time spent in research, production, and website maintenance. Thus, in order to continue producing these excellent videos, it has become necessary to fund the project. If the project is funded by the deadline of November 4, we will provide the following with your one year subscription:
1. 52 Week Video Bible Study with Dr. Pitre focusing on the Gospel of Matthew and next year's Sunday Mass Readings (Year A): In-depth Bible study on the Gospel readings, connecting them with the Old Testament background and Psalms.
2. Written Transcript of Dr. Pitre’s Bible Study: For those who prefer to read (rather than view/listen only), a written transcript of the entire Bible study will be provided for reading and reflection.
3. Weekly 1 Page Study Guide with Questions for Reflection/Discussion: Ideal for prayer groups and group/parish Bible study, as well as personal reflection.
4. Guaranteed Monday Morning Postings: Videos will be available on monday mornings for group study, homily preparation, or personal preparation for Sunday Mass.
5. Bonus Videos: Introduction to the Gospel of Matthew: Who wrote the Gospel of Matthew? When was it written? Why was it written? Etc.
6. A Great Resource for Priests, Deacons, Teachers, Bible Study Leaders, and Personal Growth.
7. A Great Gift for your parish priests or deacons, family members, and friends. In order to give this as a gift, purchase one or multiple subscriptions and email Michael@CatholicProductions.com.
Here is a sample video from the 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
Risks and challenges
The main challenge we face is the timely delivery of each week's video. We have a history of making them on time and with the funding from this project we can free up time from our schedules to meet the Monday delivery without any problems.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)