Bring Back the Scottie News!
Bring Back the Scottie News!
The goal is to give you a year's worth of Scottish Terrier and Dog News. You can choose a daily or weekly Scottie fix for all of 2014.
The goal is to give you a year's worth of Scottish Terrier and Dog News. You can choose a daily or weekly Scottie fix for all of 2014. Read more
How it all began
I launched the Scottish Terrier and Dog News back in 2007. The goal was to provide high quality dog news and information while giving Scottie lovers something new every day.
The highs and the lows
Since that time, Scottie News has achieved its readership goals and even briefly topped the Google rankings for Scottish Terriers. Where it hasn't succeeded, however, is in meeting its revenue targets.
Why not? Well, first of all, ad rates have fallen sharply for almost everyone. On top of that, no one's yet figured out a simple, frictionless way to pay for content online. At one point, I tried a subscriber system, which was semi-successful, but it caused marketing and administrative tasks to take over my life.
After more than five years, I finally gave up on the Scottie News —until Kickstarter brought me back.
Kickstarter's crowd funding seems like a model that could really work for the Scottie News. It's a simple formula: I tell you how much money I need to produce great Scottish Terrier content for an entire year, and then it's in your hands.
The future of Scottie News is up to you
If I don't meet the funding goal I've set, Kickstarter automatically refunds your money and you won't pay a cent. If I do meet the goal, it's all systems go and you can count on getting the Scottie News delivered either daily (five days a week) or weekly for all of 2014. How easy is that?
Here's what you can expect if Scottie News get's funded:
- Breaking Scottish Terrier news: Whether a Scottie makes headlines by winning Westminster or coming under alligator attack, we'll ensure you're on top of the situation.
- Important dog news: You need to know that having your dog's teeth cleaned under general anesthetic is dangerous. We'll keep you informed of this and other major canine issues.
- The Scottish Terrier Perspective: Scottie News covers the crucial Scottie angle overlooked by other news organizations. For example, we ask which Nobel prize winner had a Scottie, who should win the Scottish Terrier Oscars, and what's the Scottish Terrier connection to the Kennedy assassination. Where else could you possibly get that kind of coverage?
- Scottish Terrier Fun: Assisted by some of the savviest, most Scottie-loving readers on the web, Scottie News is always finding new ways to have a good time. Among other things, we stage regular caption and celebrity lookalike contests.
- Scottish Terrier Services: Need a groomer who's nice to your dog and knows the difference between Scottie and Schnauzer eyebrows? Scottie News is there for you.
- Much, much more: Health issues, dog products, puppies, famous Scotties, gifts, humour, rescue stories. The Scottish Terrier and Dog News has it all.
You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll hug your Scottie.
All that and more if you Bring Back the Scottish Terrier and Dog News!
Risks and challenges
This is about as low risk a project as there's ever been. Loyal readers know exactly what to expect from the Scottie News. New readers can browse the archives and get a sense of what's in store.
Possible risks include death, major injury, floods, nuclear war. All of these could prevent the delivery of the Scottie News. But in such a worst case scenario, we'll all have bigger problems, right?Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)