- 35 mm film is history. All film companies are converting to digital and if we don't upgrade our projectors, and sound your only affordable theater will close it's doors at summers end.
- This theater has essentially been here for the last 35 years. At one point it was the only theater. Many of our local residents recall coming here as high school students and enjoying the 2 hour escape of cinematic adventure. Times have changed.
- A movie to a child is an enlightenment of fantasy, the possibility of what they can dream about for their future. For an adult, it's an escape from work, stress of bills, everyday monotony. It gives someone that time away to get lost into someone else's world.
With the average movie ticket at the large corporate owned theaters costing $10-$12 per adult and at least $7 per child, a family of four would be looking at $34-$40 just to see a movie. That crazy price doesn't include any snacks, drinks, candy, pizza, french fries, chicken tenders, etc.(which we have, by the way.) Whereas our ticket prices of $3.00 per person, and just $1.50 for Military, Police, and Firefighters allows a family of four at our theater to enjoy snacks, dinner, or lunch and still come in under that price.
We don't feel the need to highly inflate our prices and make it nearly impossible for hard working families to be able to have some fun and good quality family time.
The economy has taken a hard hit and down shifted into lack of funds for most of our residents of this area. WE have changed this theater into a fun, family friendly, and clean atmosphere as best we could five years ago. So let's do this. We want to say thank you for your donation. How does FREE concession, or FREE movies sound? (Unfortunately we can't match dollar to dollar or we wouldn't be getting the equipment paid for. We want to at least be able to say thank you.)
- Anyone who donates $10 will get a $10 concession credit.
- Anyone who donates $25 will get 10 free movie passes
- Anyone donating $100 or more will receive a $100 credit toward a private theater rental for a birthday party, corporate event, holiday party, etc.
- Any LARGE CORPORATE donations, we can host a holiday party or seminar, etc. And your donation is a business write off. (Can contact us directly for more info.)
- EVERYONE who donates will have our sincerest gratitude.
We have donated to many community events, school fund raisers, and charity events. Any time someone comes in asking for a donation we do our very best to contribute. This area needs this theater. With that being said, we are now asking for the communities help in return.
We MUST upgrade our 35 mm equipment into Digital Cinema. Hollywood is doing away with 35 mm film and going 100% digital. As of right now, this theater would not be able to play such great blockbusters as Transformers 4, Avengers 2, God is Not Dead, Brick Mansions, Godzilla, or Blended, to name a few. Without the films being available, this theater will have to close its doors at the end of August.
We are not corporate. We are a mom, and dad in our 30's with 5 daughters. We don't want the community to lose its only affordable entertainment, and we don't want to lose our family business. We need your help. PLEASE help us. Help our community. It's in your hands.
Risks and challenges
This is a huge project, and we have many people willing to help out with the labor of it all. We turned this run down place into what it is now, and it's been an amazing journey. We want to see it through and keep it going for as long as possible.
The total cost for full upgrade is $268,000. We are looking into financing but with the economy as bad as it is, banks aren't too eager to lend. So we have the base for this fundraiser at $50,000. This is an ALL OR NOTHING fund raiser. If we reach the $50, 000 we can gain more with your help, or if we fall short of our base we get zero.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)