Why back this project?
Do you miss the sound of the Dale Warland Singers? Relive the glory days of the world-famous choral ensemble with Treasures from the Archives, recordings of pieces I wrote as composer-in-residence for the Singers. Almost a decade after their last concert, these beautiful recordings show the Singers at their best. You can help make them available.
Why this project?
Ever since 2000, when I finished my eight-season tenure as composer-in-residence with the Dale Warland Singers, I've wanted to make available more of the works I wrote for them. When PARMA Recordings approached me in 2011 about doing a CD, I realized that this could be the way to do it. Seven of these performances are by the incomparable Dale Warland Singers. The disc will also include an outstanding performance of DWS-commissioned By and By by Kantorei and Richard Larson, as well as excellent performances of commissioned works by the National Lutheran Choir and David Cherwein, the Minnesota 2011-2012 All-State Women's Choir and Sandra Snow, and the Murray State University Concert Choir and Bradley Almquist.
What's on the CD?
- Angelus Ad Virginem - The National Lutheran Choir/David Cherwein; Oxford University Press
- Aprile/April - Dale Warland Singers; Colla Voce Music, Inc.
- By and By - Kantorei/Richard Larson; Colla Voce Music, Inc.
- Children of the Heavenly Father - Dale Warland Singers; Boosey & Hawkes (Hal Leonard)
- Dance of Zalongo - Dale Warland Singers & the District 279 Children's Chorus; Alliance Music Publications
- Hodie - Dale Warland Singers; Walton Music Co. Inc. (Hal Leonard)
- My Soul's Been Anchored in the Lord - Dale Warland Singers; Colla Voce Music, Inc.
- Remember the Ladies - the Minnesota 2011-12 All-State Women's Choir/Sandra Snow; Hal Leonard
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot - Dale Warland Singers; Colla Voce Music, Inc.
- Veni Sancte Spiritus - the Murray State University Concert Choir/Bradley Almquist; Roger Dean Publishing Company (Lorenz Corporation)
- Wonder Where - Dale Warland Singers; Colla Voce Music, Inc.
This amount will help pay for PARMA's mastering (EQ and noise-reduction) of the original archival tracks, production of the CD (graphic design and manufacturing), and distribution, marketing, and promotion. I expect the total budget to be in the neighborhood of $10,000 and will be submitting a grant to New Music USA's Composer Assistence Program - Recording to fill the gap.
What happens if my goal is exceeded?
I will be closer to my ultimate goal of $10,000.
Risks and challenges
When it comes to artistic projects, there are always risks and challenges. I've worked hard to make sure my goals are achievable, but there could be delays in the CD production and distribution. Please understand that this project means a great deal to me and I'll do everything I can to make sure my goals and promises to you are met. I am happy to answer any questions or concerns at any point in the process.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)