YUBI wallet - The Zen of Carry (Canceled)
The only wallet with a unique cash pouch that let's you tap the bottom to reveal the cash!
What is Yubi wallet? It's an awesomely simple design that offers a refreshing minimalist alternative to “old school” bulky wallets.
Yubi Wallet is designed around the vision of a simple, unique wallet that offers quality components, skilled craftsmanship and a simple, zen inspired functionality. Experience a new kind of ease when paying.
I've blended the Yubi Wallet design elements into three different wallets, each with it's own distinct features and benefits:
- The “Yubi-Minimal” is for the no-fuss “keep it simple” minimalist. Blending sleek design with card and cash carrying ability. The “Yubi Minimal” slides easily into your front pocket and eliminates that unfashionable and unflattering bulky appearance.
- The “Yubi-Road Warrior” wallet steps up the card storage capacity. It’s especially designed for people who like to carry more than the average amount of cards while still being able to access cash easily.
- The “Yubi-Illusionist” has a unique hidden cash sleeve that keeps your cash secure and safely hidden out of sight. Tap the bottom and presto the cash is ready for retrieval.
Each Yubi Wallet offers:
- A streamlined, lightweight design, and small size.
- A quick draw sleeve for easy access to your most used card.
- Durable, heavy duty, machine-washable elastic.
- Smartphone tethering option.
- And, on the Yubi Illusionist, provides you with the quick money retrieval system. Tap the bottom of the wallet and your cash bills pop out of the top!
Created to be simple to use and low profile as the guiding design principle. Never again search through a messy, unorganized jumble of cards and stuff jammed into a cumbersome, clunky wallet.
Yubi Wallet Additional Details:
- Available in classic black, black with red stitching or a camouflage pattern.
- Cards and cash are held securely with a quality stretch elastic material.
- The elastic allows the sleeves to carry 10 or more cards or even just a single one.
- Large amounts of cash don't trip it up either.
- Unlike many other minimalist wallets, cash can be stored folded in half instead of quartered.
VIDEO REVIEW BY STEVE MONTELLI
Start to Finish
Yubi wallets started off from a visit to a local fabric store in the Los Angeles garment district. I was admiring the various elastic material on offer and I had the idea that I could turn it into a useful card and cash holder. I bought some material went home and got to work.
It took dozens of prototypes and feedback from countless volunteers, leading us to develop our launch ready product. To date I've made over 300 hundred wallets testing various thread, stitching options and pocket sizes. It was important to make sure that the pockets sleeves could hold a single card firmly and as many as ten or more.
My workshop at home allows me to make the wallets entirely in house. However, one of our goals is to leverage cost savings by manufacturing in larger quantities through a local garment contract manufacturer.
Fortunately for us there are many reputable manufacturers to choose from in Los Angeles. After an extensive search we have found one that does nothing but high quality work specializing in stretch material. With a large quantity order, they are ready to produce Yubi wallets to exact specifications, start to finish.
After production, getting everything packaged and shipped to our backers will be the next challenge. To accomplish this goal we will work with local fulfillment company Shipwire, to make sure rewards get to our backers quickly and reliably. Shipwire services are ideally suited for Kickstarter projects and we have full confidence in their ability to deliver.
“So that’s Yubi wallet. We've finished the designs, and are ready to start production. But we need help to get Yubi wallet into your hands.
The funds raised will go toward manufacturing and shipping costs for all the wallets that will be sent out as a funding reward.
I really believe you're going to love YUBI wallet as much as I do.
THANKS for checking us out......AND THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Special thanks to Steve Montelli for his invaluable feedback and support.
And, to Sarah Husein (Loyola Marymont University) for her excellent work behind the camera.
Risks and challenges
By far the biggest challenge with bringing a new product to market is the cost of tooling and the high cost of meeting minimum order requirements for materials and parts. We have minimized the risks by working with a leading fabric manufacturer in America who specialize in elastics and we are confident in their abilities to produce high quality fabric. Likewise we have have negotiated strict quality control with the manufacturer and we fully expect them to meet those requirements.
DESIGN AND PROTOTYPING
New product development offers a host of challenges and unexpected issues.
Making sure the parts fit perfectly together is a challenge that will require careful design and engineering.
For example each card sleeve will need to form a tight pocket to ensure cards and cash are held securely. We have gone through many prototypes and will go through many more to make sure that we have the best possible fit with all parts.
Getting everything packaged and shipped in a timely manner is always a challenge, To minimize setbacks we will work with reputable local fulfillment company Shipwire, to make sure rewards get to our backers quickly and reliably.
We believe keeping our backers informed and engaged is also a challenge that we must meet and we expect do so by updating often....expect to hear from us!
- (32 days)