your pals Meeting of Important People have written a brand-new entire new full-length album, and need your help to record the thing. Read more
This project was successfully funded on February 9, 2012.
About this project
** WE ARE BLOWN AWAY BY SUPPORT FOR THIS PROJECT! Although we have already reached our goal, we will still be continuing the campaign until February 9th, with all contributions we receive at this point going directly towards mixing and mastering costs for the new album. This could mean some truly amazing things for our next record, please continue to spread the word!**
Hey! Our band, Pittsburgh indie-rock outfit Meeting of Important People, has just finished writing an entire new full-length album, which we feel is our best collection of songs yet. All we need to do now is record the thing properly, and to do this, we have decided to humbly ask the public for support.
Your generous donations will go towards recording, mixing, mastering, packaging, and promoting our new record. All contributors will receive a copy of the new album upon completion, plus, we are offering all sorts of wacky other rewards at various pledge levels which can be viewed in the margin. Most importantly, we think that you will truly enjoy the new songs and styles that we are taking on for this project.
We are grateful that you have visited our Kickstarter page; here, you can pledge funds through a safe, secure transfer to help fund the recording and release of an all-new MOIP record. If you're new to Kickstarter, this is a great new way for artists to seek funding for their projects by interacting directly with the community. And it's low-risk, too: You will not be charged for your pledge, and we will not receive a penny, unless we reach our total goal of $5,500 by February 9th.
The world of music has changed quite a bit in the past few years. While we have worked with labels and production teams in the past, we are kicking off the new year with this campaign to allow us to produce and promote a full-length album on our own: we have decided to handle the entire recording process ourselves in our community, offer the album and rewards directly to our listeners, and hopefully foster a stronger personal relationship with those around us in the process.
The band couldn't be more excited to begin recording, and we are working hard to make our next album a reality ... otherwise, we will have to walk the earth with these songs existing only in our heads.
- Watch the above video for fun clips of our band over the years, and for a bit more about our history and how we're planning to record our new album.
- Receive a personal Valentine's Day song recorded by the band for your Sweetheart in time for the holiday at the $50 contribution level!
- If you have a family, or are interested in becoming part of our recording process, we are offering recording workshops for folks of all ages, so please come help us shake shakers, sing on the record, and think of words that rhyme with "occipital".
- Kickstarter is a way for us to interact directly with our community and with the listeners that would like to support our music, and we are excited to spearhead the entire recording process ourselves without any outside label support this time.
- If we do not reach our entire goal of $5,500 pledged by February 9th, then we will receive nothing. No money will be taken out of your account for your individual pledge unless we reach our entire fully-funded goal amount by that date.
- We have been taking some time off from live shows, and have spent the time writing what we feel is our most exciting and diverse material yet; we are looking forward to returning to the stage to promote the album once it's complete.
- We've got some fun songs, some sad songs, and some silly songs to record... a nice mix of our live garage-rock style with many new twists will be present on the new album.
- If you are viewing this, you are possibly in a band yourself, or one of the many friends and supporters that have helped us out over the years. Whoever you are-- a family member, member of the community, or new supporter, please know that we have been overwhelmed with your kindness and support over the last four years, and look forward to giving back in any way we can.
- Every little big helps, and we are eternally grateful for any donation that you might give. This campaign is a way for us to both finance our new record, and gauge if there are folks out there who want to hear new music from Meeting of Important People.
- Feel free to contact us directly at email@example.com
and thanks very much for viewing.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Pledge $5 or more
All contributors will receive a digital download of the new album upon completion.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10 or more
Each contributor's name will be audibly thanked in a song on the album. Play it backwards like a Led Zeppelin song to witness the magic.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $20 or more
Contributors will receive the above, plus a brand-new disc or download of unreleased MOIP recordings and song demos spanning the last 5 years.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $30 or more
Contributors will receive the above, plus a personalized thank-you note written on a piece of cardboard recycled from our 2009 Brittney Lane cardboard city video. Remember that video?
Pledge $50 or more
Contributors will receive a personalized Valentine’s Day song recorded by Meeting of Important People, featuring the name of your specific valentine, to be emailed to the recipient of your choice on Valentine's Day. You know, like those personalized birthday songs sung by that spaceman guy! The perfect gift for a friend, lover, crush, or person that you owe money to.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or more
Contributors will receive an invitation for themselves and a guest to a fish-sticks and mac-and-cheese celebration dinner hosted by the band and friends in Spring 2012. Vegetarian options, of course.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $150 or more
Contributors will receive the above rewards, plus a signed vinyl copy of our debut full-length, and a spot on the guest list at a Meeting of Important People Pittsburgh show in 2012. Phew.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or more
Contributors will be invited to attend a family-friendly recording workshop at the Meeting of Important People recording space. You and/or your family can schedule a visit, learn about how we record, help shake shakers, sing, clap, and work on songs with us. Kids of all ages welcome.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $350 or more
Contributors will receive a Josh solo acoustic show. Anytime, anyplace. Plus all the album rewards, of course.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or more
2 backers All gone!
Contributors will receive a full-band house show, electric or acoustic. Check with your neighbors. Plus all the album rewards.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or more
0 backers Limited (2 left of 2)
Contributors will receive one intact original cardboard city building built for our 2009 Brittney Lane video, plus every other award listed above.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,500 or more
1 backer All gone!
One lucky contributor will receive Josh’s autographed Ephiphone Casino guitar once the album has been recorded. This is a silly thing that only works for celebrities, but maybe you really want a guitar with 5 years of hand-sweat on it.Estimated delivery:
- (27 days)