At the factory, overseeing the production
Hello our dear backers,
please accept our apology for a late update and let us explain what caused it.
We are currently at the factory and performing a thorough QC of the first batch of produced watches.
The important information is that in the past week the first 500 production pieces were assembled and currently we are thoroughly checking every single piece out of this 500 to validate the assembly processes.
We would like to share the assembly steps with you:
1) Thorough QC of all of our incoming parts from various vendors (already done when we received, and done again even more thoroughly before each assembly batch).
2) Assembling the upper and lower watch case.
3) Injection tooling for the HR lenses.
4) Automated gluing to ensure perfect bonding between the heart rate lens and the lower glass.
5) Installation of the flexible PCB (FPC) that connects the heart rate sensor to our main electronics module.
6) Careful assembly of the MGS Kinetic Charging system into the lower case.
7) Application of the upper half of the flexible PCB which connects the electronic parts of the energy capture system and the crown button to the main board.
8) Installation of the mainboard into the dial face, then applying the watch hands to the pinions on the gear boxes.
9) Connecting the mainboard/watch dial module, vibration motor, and other components to the flexible PCB connector.
10) Aligning all internal parts and running a test program to ensure all functions are working.
11) Sealing the glass and performing water pressure testing.
12) Testing the wireless antennas and connection performance, then running a full diagnostics program for a 14 point firmware function check.
13) Final 15 point visual inspection of the watch.
We are still reviewing everything and improving some of the steps at this very moment. But as a starter you can check out this video displaying the water pressure testing of Sequent watch:
We still have a lot of work to do here with the factory technicians. But we are collecting more content and once we are finished her we will share it with you, most likely next Wednesday.
Have a nice Sunday,
your Sequent team.