it's time for another update.
We are happy to announce that we have started working with the assembly factory as planned.
This first week was fully about setting things up and to prepare everything for production of Sequent watches. Here is the list of things we were able to accomplish over the past week:
• we redone inventory QC to confirm the status of all our components
• we updated the assembly procedures with the factory team based on some observations from the last test assembly as well as observations made from the first 25 production watches of 0-series
• for the last week we have been replicating our assembly equipment on the production line - especially assembly jigs:
• automated gluing stand to align the HR caps ensuring perfect fit and finish as well as water resistance
• watch movement and watch hands alignment jigs in order to speed up the production process, while maintaining high quality
• movement screw alignment jigs (for 2 mounting screws and 1 contact screw)
As a result, we verified the original jigs were working well (those were prototype jigs) and now we are scaling up by having multiple assembly jigs.
All this is done now and it seems we are ready to start the assembly in the coming week. The aim for the coming week is 200 watches and then thorough QC of those.
These are very exciting times for us and we will bring you more news soon.
Nice weekend to all of you,