Let’s make building apps faster and easier
Qwikly is a desktop application that breathes life directly into your mobile app designs, supercharging your development workflow and letting you build apps in a fraction of the time.
Don’t repeat yourself. Don’t start from scratch.
Qwikly’s magic lies in how it treats your design. By integrating your designs directly into your final app, Qwikly removes the need to reimplement each screen by hand. It also automates many of the common programming tasks associated with app-building, so you can focus on the core business logic of your app.
See how Qwikly works in 45 seconds
Don’t just import your designs. Integrate them.
Other design-to-code and prototyping software allows you to import or copy/paste your designs to automatically create app screens. Qwikly takes this one step further by actually integrating your design documents into the development process. This deep linking of your Qwikly project to your design document means that your designer is no longer left behind once development begins. Need to change the way something looks? Just update the design document, and let Qwikly handle the rest. Need to add a new screen? Once it’s designed, it’s ready to go.
Build any type of app
Because Qwikly outputs source code directly, you can use it to build any type of app. With out-of-the-box support for core iOS SDKs and UI components, Qwikly will allow you to build many apps without writing any code at all. When you need something more complex, Qwikly also supports custom code. This is great for integrating with external services or complex views. You can even hook into the generated code from your custom code, to get the best of both worlds!
- Convert designs directly to working apps
- Import from design software (Sketch)
- Output source code (React Native)
- Support for custom code
- Touch / gesture interactions
- Data binding for dynamic views
- Transitions and modal views
- Swift Code Generation
- Photoshop / Illustrator Support
- Custom Transitions
Meet the team
Qwikly was founded by Rob Malko and Mark Wise. Friends since the first day of kindergarten, Rob and Mark have over 25 years of professional development experience between them.
Robert Malko, github
Previously, Rob was CTO of Open Home Pro, a top-ten business iPad app.
Mark Wise, github
Previously, Mark was a Senior Engineer at GoNoodle, the fastest-growing ed-tech startup in history.
Where we are now
We’ve been working on Qwikly full-time since May 2015. We’ve got a working prototype, but there is lots left to do. By supporting our campaign, you will help us with:
- Development time - We have a large backlog of features planned for Qwikly, and your donation will help us focus on delivering the best possible product.
- Design time - We want the Qwikly UI to be the best it can be. We’re working with the best designers we can find (and afford) to make sure the user experience is top-notch.
- Legal fees - We love our attorneys. Every dollar that we spend with them is money well spent, and with your help will have those dollars to pay them.
- Infrastructure costs - Even though we are a small team, we need to keep the lights on with things like like source code control, web servers, and development licenses.
T-Shirts and Stickers
Full Version Licenses
In-App Acknowledgement and Sponsor Branding
We’ll include your name in the ‘Acknowledgements’ section inside Qwikly. For our most generous backers, we’ll even feature your name or logo on our website. Let everyone know that you supported us when we needed it most!
Risks and challenges
Qwikly's ambitious goal of revolutionizing mobile development requires our developers to bridge multiple software platforms, connecting design software like Sketch and Photoshop to mobile app frameworks like React Native, iOS and Android. Although we have already created a functional prototype, there are some significant technical challenges to bringing all these systems together. We're confident that we have the chops to pull it off, but it's possible that some features will be more challenging than others.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)