For backers only. If you're a backer of this project, please log in to read this post.
We hope you are doing well this year. We want to touch base with our wonderful Kickstarter backers with an update on Seekers Unlimited:
- Almost all rewards have gone out or been completed except for the edu-larps themselves and the name branding reward levels (and one more game). The latest reward to complete was a consulting gig for Texas State University; providing them with tons of tips and techniques from live action role playing that they can use in their nursing simulation curriculum. It was wonderful to visit the program and to look at it from a larping perspective. I think the advice we gave will enhance all aspects of their immersive program on a very low budget.
- Aaron Vanek delivered a keynote address at the Living Games Conference in NYC about Seekers Unlimited.
- Work on the first edu-larp, "Be Your Own Solar System" (originally "Be Your Own Planet") continues. We're editing the content now, revising it so teachers can jump right in. It's taking some time, but the quality is good. Ideally, we'll be sending this out for proofing in a few weeks. I hope it will be available to our backers by June.
- We are simultaneously starting work on the second edu-larp, "Monster Maker", this week. Hopefully that will be out in July.
- We are holding a Casino Night fundraiser as part of WyrdCon in Los Angeles on Thursday, May 22. Many prizes will be available; see attached flyer.
- Many more projects are just outside the door, so we can't officially announce them yet. But thanks to your support, we are progressing, and larps are slowly becoming part of schools' curriculums. More great things on the way!
Thanks again for your continued support!
The Seekers Team
- Please help us get the attention of the White House by voting up our idea on the Games for Impact site here. It's free, but you do need to register. Anyone can do so. If you have any questions, just let us know.
- We are hard at work on another big project with GameDesk, see announcement here.
- By now most of you should have your reward, unless it is an edu-larp or a name branding, or a built larp. if you are NOT in the latter category, and don't have your reward, let me know ASAP. If you are in the latter category, please continue to be patient, but know we are working on them. This latest gig has taken all the time away from us.
- Seekers Unlimited founder Aaron Vanek wil be a keynote speaker at the Living Games conference in New York City, March 14-16. Check it out here.
Thanks, stay warm!
The Seekers Unlimited Team
We hope you had a wonderful holiday season and are excited for this new year.
A brief update from Seekers Unlimited:
I am sending out the larp artifacts today (printed copies of Secret Ante and Exodus 22:18); it should take 3-5 days to arrive depending on your location (longer for international addresses).
For our Kickstarter rewards, this means that the remaining fulfillment obligations are name branding, an actual edu-larp, or a custom designed larp for you--in essence, what we need to give our most lovely, generous backers. We apologize for the delay, but here is an update:
We are working on "boxing" or preparing our first edu-larp so a teacher can easily and quickly implement it into the classroom. This is moving slower than expected, but it is moving. Hopefully this first one will be ready in February. The second edu-larp will be released after that, possibly 6-8 weeks later.
For name branding, we will contact you with guidelines and a suggestion for the character or item name that will appear in one of our edu-larps.
And for the two of you for whom we are custom making a larp, we should already be in contact.
If you haven't already heard, Seekers Unlimited was asked by GameDesk to collaborate again on another educational game product, somewhat similar to what we did for them on the Ancient Mesopotamia edu-larp for middle school (available for free here). Read our teaser press release on our website here.
So this is shaping up to be a busy but fun 2014 already, and YOU had so much to do with this progress. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Best wishes for an adventurous year,
PS-Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @SeekersUnltd