Deiland is an adventure and RPG game with some special sandbox mechanics: farming, crafting, building, combat and more on PC and PlayStation 4!
Deiland is an experience for a single player which seeks to surprise players with every detail. It is a calm game, with a carefully crafted visual aspect and an interesting narrative.
The game is inspired by great titles like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Stardew Valley or Harvest Moon. It also has a special connection with the novella "The Little Prince" that takes the iconic image of a lonely child inhabiting a small world.
- Deiland is a sandbox planet that you can develop in your own way.
- 12 characters to meet with 100 quests to complete.
- Survival mechanics: hunger and fatigue.
- 12 structures to build and 4 house levels.
- Improve your skills. The game has some RPG mechanics, like character leveling, 4 magic spells to learn and 4 skills to upgrade (strength, intelligence, agility and stamina).
- Improve your equipment with 7 tools (each with 3 levels).
- Day/night cycle and climate events.
- More than 50 craft recipes: tools, cooking dishes, hand-craft items and magic potions.
- More than 120 inventory items to manage and trade.
- Languages: English, German, French, Spanish and Valencià. (Support our game for add your language, with 40 backers of a language zone we will add this language to the game).
- Supported platforms: PlayStation 4, Windows and Mac.
A long time ago, when the universe was young, children were sent to Minor Planets. Their mission was to awaken the magic of the Crystals kept within the planet's interior. This is the story of Arco, the youngest of these children who lives on the smallest planet, Deiland. The tiniest of them all.
Of course, looking after a planet is a lot of hard work, no matter how small that planet may be.
Deiland is a small living world, where everything evolves according to the actions taken by the player. There are many species of trees, plants, crops and flowers that will make our planet a unique and special place.
In addition to the day/night cycle, natural effects occasionally occur that the player must learn to take advantage of: meteor showers, storms, shooting stars, auroral borealis or hurricane winds.
We can also make small constructions that will make our lives easier: bonfires to warm ourselves and illuminate some areas, wells to store rainwater, fencing to protect crops, etc. Little by little we will develop our skill as a builder and extend our cabin, with a workshop, a kitchen and a laboratory.
Deiland is our home, and living on this small planet will be an unique experience to each player.
Planet Deiland is sited in a universe shared by a number of different races: humans, anks, cat children, etc ... and where magic is very much part of life. Along the game we can visit other external locations, like planet Ankora. This places are oriented to the exploration, to complete special quests and get items that we can not produce by our own.
Arco is a 10 year old boy who lives on Deiland in solitude. He does not know about his past or what his purpose on the planet is; that is something that he will discover with time.
Arco interacts with his environment through the tools he manufactures in his workshop. Each new tool enables new interactions and game mechanics; furthermore, tools can be improved leading to even more advantages.
We will have an ax to cut down trees, a hammer to build, a hoe to grow things, a fishing rod and even a magic staff that will help us channel the magic of the Crystal.
Arco is a very special child, he wears a red cape and a pendant with a small Crystal stone.
Our little planet has attracted the attention of some characters who live in nearby locations. Soon they will come to meet us and offer us deals and barter with products that we can not get on our own.
• Mûn is an explorer in the Interstellar Patrol. She is a very brave young lady always designated exploration and reconnaissance missions. She has many friends on planets near Deiland. She is pleasant and energetic and tries to take the initiative in any situation.
• The magician Locke is a traditional trader for whom magic holds a deep fascination. He continually visits new planets in the search for strange products with which to make his potions.
• Brram is a cook of the Qüido race; he is very famous in the galaxy for his Stellar Gourmet dishes. He travels through space in his restaurant ship, where he serves his carefully prepared dishes. He is proud and likes to flaunt his culinary prowess. Like all Qüidos, he is sometimes unpredictable.
• Lily belongs to the Flower Nymph race. Nymphs are unique and difficult to find. They usually appear when a planet that is in serious danger and they wish to protect it. Lily has perfected the art of natural magic. She has a calm and serene personality.
• Yuki is a young orphan cat child who lives on Mioh, a planet near Deiland. She is naughty and loves candy. She has a pet named Bom, who is always willing to help her get into trouble.
• The pirate Goliath always acts outside the law. It is for this reason that he continually comes up against the Interstellar Patrol. He is a very experienced smuggler who searches for rewards and treasures on the planets he visits.
• Hute, Umi and Nidawi are the three Anks that we will meet in our adventures in the north of the planet Ankora. They belong to a savage tribe that leads a traditional life without technology. They seek to gather wisdom and ancestral knowledge.
We devised this project from the artistic and visual to the mechanics and development. That's why we started working a lot in the narrative and the concept phase to design the characters and all that involves them. This is a small sample of our initial work.
Read more about our Art-book here.
We consider music an essential artistic element to transmit emotions in a video game. That's why we have created a unique Soundtrack for Deiland.
The musician Paco Mitos has composed 14 themes to accompany the whole experience of the game.
Arco's theme | Deiland OST by Paco Mitos
In addition, we have been lucky enough to count on some compositions by Rafa Giménez, who brings his artistic quality in composition and production to some scenes that convey the peace lifestyle on the planet Deiland. He has completed the OST with 6 themes more.
Awakening | Deiland OST by Rafa Giménez
We are a small team of young people who are very enthusiastic about video games. We have been working together for several years on mobile games. The development of Deiland has been our biggest challenge so far, in all aspects.
We have also received collaborations from the animation school Primer Frame.
How do add-ons work?
- Press the "Manage your pledge" button on the top of this page.
- Increase your pledge in the "Pledge amount" with the quantity needed to claim the add-on(s).
- Save your pledge.
- After the campaign we will send you a survey asking what add-ons you want.
Deiland is a game that is already in a state of advanced development (having already invested more than a year on development). Most of the pictures and videos we have shown are already integrated in the game and we are just a few short months away from finishing the first version of the game.
The game will be released on PlayStation 4, but we would also like to prepare a PC version (by mid 2018) and this is the main reason for our funding requirement. Furthermore, we would like to include some stretch goals: more 3D characters, enhancements for Arco, new objects and other locations off the planet that will extend the gaming experience.
Deiland is a very narrative game, so it has a lot of text to translate. Our financial resources are limited and we would like to include more languages than we can handle today. Part of the money raised will be used to cover these languages. What languages will be added? This will depend on the provenance of our backers.
We want to hear from you and this campaign is a splendid opportunity for us to listen to what you have to say that will surely indicate improvements to be made and suggestions for the final version of the game.
Help us to fill the Crystal Altar!
Your social support add new Crystal, increasing the magic power of Deiland. Each Crystal level will unlock special magic contents in the game!
Risks and challenges
The Chibig studio comprises a small group of people who have worked hard for a year to advance significantly the development of Deiland; consequently, the game will be a reality soon and incompletion rendered an impossibility.
Deiland is our first video game for consoles and PCs and is our longest development (so far we had only released mobile games). This can cause some small problems that require additional polishing (such as improving some mechanics, balancing the difficulty, etc.) that we intend to achieve through the feedback provided by the players. We want Deiland to be a good and memorable game, and for that reason we are counting on your help in this final phase of development.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)