Thank you to everyone for making this project so successful! If you missed the campaign you can preorder at our website here.
All Three Stretch Goals Reached!
FIVE NOTEBOOK COLOR CHOICES
NEW PAGE LAYOUT CHOICE
Getting organized is a great feeling. It makes you more productive, makes it easier to remember where you left things, and reduces the feeling of being overwhelmed.
The human mind is not perfect, but as shown by many successful experts like David Allen, Ryder Carroll, and Dr. Daniel Levitin, we can help it to remember and organize thoughts with external tools, such as pen and paper.
The latest science has shown that, of the roughly 70,000 thoughts we have per day, we can only keep track of between 4-7 thoughts at a time. To help our brains out and free up more working memory, it is helpful to write them down.
If you have ever walked into another room and forgotten why you walked in there, this is the same concept and shows why we need to help our minds remember.
HOW THE NOTEBOOK FOLIO WORKS
The Notebook Folio is a modular, universal case used to hold an A5 size notebook (5.8 x 8.3in) on the right side, as well as a small tablet, or sketchpad on the left.
The tablet clips are designed to hold a wide range of tablets or sketchpads, or notepads. The outside elastic band is high quality woven nylon to avoid common wear issues in lower grade folio cases.
We incorporated a front pocket to hold a to-do list so things don’t get forgotten just because your case is closed.
Weighing in at only 8.9oz this folio can be flipped around to hold the notebook on the left side as well, which sets it apart from every other folio.
Finally, we wrapped the case in three different colors and also bonded the material to the case to help it hold up better than all the folios we have tested on the market.
- Idea recording and brain dump lists to get things written down efficiently
- Project management - Keep immediate tasks front of mind with actionable to-do lists, and overall project goals in the notebook
- Meeting folio - Three covers that look professional in a board room or for one-on-one meetings
- Speech writing, presenting - write it on the way to the speech, or at home with your tablet on hand to check facts
- Bullet Journaling - a relatively new system of task management developed by Ryder Carrol. Read more
- Startup planning/pitching - Keep current with your sales figures, funding needs, and pitch deck on hand wherever you go
- Sketching / prototyping - Watch how to draw on your tablet, while actually doing it in the notebook
- Lettering practice and portfolio - Lettering requires two tools, a pencil and art pen which fit nicely in the two pen loops
- Personal assistant - Keep a planner in the notebook section, task list or task app in the left side, and current to-do lists in the front cover
- Journaling - Keep your journal with you and build it into your daily carry
To start, the folio case comes with a notebook and a sketchpad to help get you creating and organizing right away. There are also two pen loops, one large and one a bit smaller to hold thin pens, or pencils.
- PROJECT NOTEBOOKS
- 150 pages that are uncoated 70# clean, white, French Paper Co. - Sweet Tooth pages that are designed to work well with fountain pens
- To-do lists 50 perforated pages to add to the front cover of the folio to keep you on track
- Draft Line Grid Layout using barely visible lines to help keep your work clean and organized with 3/16in grid spacing
- Second Layout Choice Available - Dot Grid and Ruled, see illustration below and Updates #3 and 4 for details.
- Hand Stitched American made binding
- Soft White, Blueprint Blue, and Matte Black cover choices
- Custom table of contents so you can easily find your ideas
- Numbered pages to keep things organized
- Page holder ribbon to see where you left off
- Minimal Branding as with all our products, we will not make our name visible on the outside...this is your product, not ours. (notebook logo disappears when inside case)
- 30 pages of 70# bright white sketch paper
- Sketch pages can be added to notebook for storage
- Pages fit into front pocket for list-making or decoration
WHAT ELSE FITS INSIDE
- TABLETS (Holds tablets between 5.3 x 7.8in up to 6.5 x 9in)
- Apple iPad Mini (1-4)
- Amazon Fire HD 8
- HP Pro Slate 8
- Samsung Tab A - 8", Tab S2 8"
- Google Nexus 9
- Leuchtturm1979 Hardcover/Softcover- Medium (A5, 249 pages)
- Moleskin Hardcover, Softcover, Cahier - Large
- Rhodia Webnotebooks - Desk size
- Mnemosyne Special Memo Notepad - A5
- Doane Paper - Large Notebook
- Code & Quill - Origin and Traveler Notebooks
- Whitelines - Hardcover A5
- Baron Fig - Confidant
- Wipebook Pro
- Evernote Notebooks - Large
- Black and Red - Twin Wire or Casebound - 8.25 x 5.8 in
- Sigel Conceptum - Approx A5
HOW CAN THIS FOLIO HELP WITH ORGANIZATION
With the rise in paper notebook organization, like Bullet Journaling, our folio is built to hold all the new tools being used by creative professionals. Some of the latest notebooks are also designed around getting organized, like the following that fit in the folio:
- Bullet Journal
- Spark Notebook
- Passion Planner
- Basics Notebook
- Moleskine Professional
- Hatch Notebook
- Self Journal
- Rhodia Meeting Notebook
- Productivity Planner
- Rocketbook Wave
- Leuchtturm1917 Notebook
I don’t believe that a notebook is perfect for everything such as calendar entries, team collaboration, and other items that involve more that one individual, but for brain-dumps, mind mapping, task tracking, blog entry planning and other personal work, the notebook is an easy choice. By relaxing our brain to focus on one task, and not needing to worry about all the other things we should be doing, we can accomplish more in less time.
"An organized mind is a creative, powerful thing, an unorganized mind can’t remember where it left the keys."
After 10 years of working with clients like Levi Strauss, General Mills, and Starbucks, I came to understand the importance keeping projects organized. The time I spent in face to face meetings required good note taking but I never liked using a typical padfolio. I liked to use notebooks so that I could go back and find my notes when typing them at the time wasn't an option. It functioned as a bridge between the meeting and my followup with them so I never forgot what I needed to do.
With most meetings, using a pen and paper is an unobtrusive, and easy way to record the details. Working from behind a laptop isn't always an option and for these times, using a good looking folio with a functional notebook can be useful.
Over the past 7 years I have studied the art of getting more organized, and practiced many different systems to help with this including the Bullet Journal Notebook System, and Getting Things Done by David Allen. I started a blog last year to help share some of my thoughts on this as a lot of them revolved around using a notebook, or something very similar to help capture thoughts and to-do lists. You can find my blog here.
It is hard to beat that energetic, productive feeling after getting a lot done and checking important tasks off your list for the day. I hope this folio, notebook, and sketchpad help you get more done, and feel more organized in your daily life.
Disclaimer: The notebook companies and individuals mentioned in this project are in no way affiliated with this campaign. They are not associated, nor endorse this campaign.
Risks and challenges
With most Kickstarter projects, the largest risk lies in the manufacturing. We have spent the past year and a half working out all the details in production with our manufacturers and also have backup plans in case issues come up with materials, production, or book printing.
I have backed 28 other projects and have seen the many obstacles other creators have encountered with similar products. I have front-loaded the detail work in making these products and I am confident I will not run into many of the same problems.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)