We are busy at work getting the Adventure Alpha ready for the end of the month - a ton of final art will be making it into the game as well as the majority of levels using the updated original textures from System Shock.
So let’s get started! What update wouldn’t be complete without doors! Yes, doors - we hope you never tire of going through these majestic contraptions that connect the various spaces you will traverse while on Citadel Station!
We’ve made the audio logs tintable to provide some variation between the crew members.
Now let’s take a look at the updated SS1 textures within Unreal - again, these are not final, they are the original game textures updated with PBR properties! However, due to the positive feedback we received we will be using these textures for a “Retro Mode” that you’ll be able to access in the final release. Should this be a mode you have to unlock or should it be available from the offset? Please share your opinion with us in our Discord channel.
Here’s a comparison with the original game.
Next up we have two previews of some work in progress art for the UI - these are just ideas, but we wanted to share them with you.
Concept for how emails/logs will be received.
Oh, hi Mark!
System Shock: Enhanced Edition Source Port Update!
The source port released yesterday on Steam, and if you already own the Enhanced Edition, this update is free! If not, we’ve discounted the game 50% until Saturday.
Playing System Shock in 4K with all the updated features is an incredible experience and if you’ve never checked it out, now is the time.
Here are just some of the new features available:
- Higher resolution support up to 4K widescreen mode
- Mouselook support
- Rebindable keyboard/mouse/joystick commands
- Adapted to Nightdive's KEX engine
- Option to switch between hi-resolution
- Mac assets and the original DOS assets
- Official support for fan missions and fan mods
- Adjustable FOV (Field of View) Brand new achievements
- September 7th Team @11am PST
- September 10th Daniel @2pm PST
- September 12th Chris @9am PST
- September 13th Jonathan @6pm PST
- September 14th Steve @6pm PST
- September 17th Daniel @2pm PST
- September 19th Chris @9am PST & Karlee @4pm PST
- September 20th Jonathan @6pm PST
- September 21st Steve @6pm PST
- September 24th Daniel @2pm PST
- September 26th Chris @9am PST & Karlee @4pm PST
- September 27th Jonathan @6pm PST
- September 28th Steve @6pm PST