Patch #1 and Art Book
Hello Kickstarter Backers!
My name is Daniel Grayshon and I am a Producer on System Shock. I have been working with Nightdive for a number of years and have been involved with the re-releases of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Strife: Veteran Edition, System Shock: Enhanced Edition and many others.
This is my first post to you all and it comes with some great news! We have all been working very hard since the release of the Pre-Alpha Demo and today, we are happy to release a new $100 reward tier alongside an update to the demo!
New Reward $100 Tier Added
We have added a new tier to the Kickstarter. The $100 Tier contains all of the goodies that can be found inside the $75 Tier (a physical copy of the game in a Steel Case, Closed Beta Access and Digital Copies of System Shock 1 and 2) with the addition of a great Artbook, put together by our friends at Arms and Anchor!
If you would like the Art Book by itself, we will have a system in place to purchase addons for your pledged tier in the upcoming weeks.
Here are some concept images for your viewing pleasure! The final look of the Artbook is subject to change at any time as we go along.
Pre-Alpha Demo Patch #1 Patch Notes
This patch, which is now live on Steam, contains the following fixes and improvements:
- Texture filtering has been applied. The textures around the station will appear smoother and less pixelated. Let us know what you think about this change as we would like your feedback on it.
- Visual effects have been improved and as well the addition of explosion visual and sound effects.
- Fragmentation grenades can now be thrown by the player. Right-click on the grenade from your inventory to throw or assign it to the hotbar and throw with the press of 1, 2, 3 or 4 on the keyboard.
- “Staminup” patches, “BeserkBooster” patches, and Battery packs can now be used by the player by right-clicking on them in the inventory.
- New melee attacks animations have been added. The Hacker will recoil when hitting a surface with the pipe.
- Reduced the swing delay of the pipe.
- Shortened pickup animations.
- Music alterations applied to the backing music around the station.
- Fixed a bug with game settings causing controls to lock when reloading the game.
- Item descriptions have been improved for the items around the demo.
- Various performance improvements.
If you want to compare the patch to the previous build of the game, you can do so on Steam. The original released has been placed into an old branch on Steam which you can access at any time by going into the Demo’s properties on Steam and in the Betas tab, choose the version of the demo that you’d like to play.
Oh and if you like competitions, you can enter to win a very limited poster and t-shirt combo on Facebook. The details are below.
System Shock Kickstarter Giveaway
We are currently holding a giveaway/raffle for an awesome System Shock Limited Edition Screen Print Poster & T-Shirt. It runs until the end of the Kickstarter, and you can even do things every day during the raffle to keep entering. And by entering more times, you’re helping us to spread the word to continue to make this game awesome!
I am very excited to be working on this project. I have been a huge fan of the System Shock series for many years and this is a dream project for me to be involved in. I’m really looking forwards to seeing where the team takes the game and watching our overall vision evolve into something truly awesome! I’d like to thank you all for your support and we’ll be in touch again soon!