THERE IS NOTHING MORE INSPIRING THAN NATURE
WHEN IT COMES TO DESIGN AND FASHION.
For the past 3 years, it has been my vision to create a sustainable fashion label for conscious, mindful, and fashionable individuals, utilising our signature NUVI RELEAF teak leaf leather.
Debuting our amazing and unique collection of handcrafted bags, wallets, yoga and home accessories. If you love our project but are not really into fashion - please check out our special rewards at the bottom of the page.
Thank you for your support, let us know if we can help you make your purchase, it means the world to us!
Choose a colour that suits your style!
NUVI NOMAD makes urban travel gear using vegan teak leaf “leather”.
The environmentally sustainable, fair trade and cruelty-free accessories are made for the ethical fashionista and yoga lover with a passion for a holistic lifestyle. Based in Frankfurt Germany, NUVI NOMAD’s products are hand-crafted in Chiang Mai Thailand. The company’s cornerstone principle is to inspire social and environmental responsibility.
NUVI stands for la nuovelle vie, a new way of life,
inviting you on a journey for a brighter tomorrow.
NUVI NOMAD’s urban travel gear is made with proprietary NUVI RELEAF teak leaf “leather”. Starting with fallen leaves that are handpicked from the forest floor in Chiang Mai, and with the help of Pi Por's local team, the surface of the material is then sealed with wax and refined by NUVI NOMAD’s innovative layering technique to create a product which has taken years to perfect. The result is a light-weight, durable, water and dirt resistant, anti-fungal and naturally dyed alternative to leather, available in a range of fashionable colours. The NUVI RELEAF material is 98% natural (and we are working hard on the remaining 2%), free of plastic and free of animal products. NUVI NOMAD is a PETA-approved vegan brand.
NUVI NOMAD’S Thailand headquarters are based in Chiang Mai, renowned for its traditional Saa paper and textile manufacturing. As the demand for handmade paper has declined over recent years, local communities are falling apart. By giving a new direction to what was once a dying industry, NUVI is helping to keep the craft alive. In a world ruled by fast fashion and the flood of cheap products on the market, human exploitation is rampant. NUVI creates job opportunities under safe, fair, legal and humane working conditions.
If you don't believe us, believe them!
AS FEATURED IN
Risks and challenges
WE ARE PREPARED TO MAKE THIS PROJECT AWESOME!
We have worked very hard to foresee the costs, risks and challenges the project will face. We have been working with manufacturers and suppliers to determine the costs and timelines for this project. We believe they will be able to provide their products and services within the timelines defined. If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, please let us know within 7 days and return the item to us and we will refund you.
Having already created a successful NUVI LIVING company, I have already experienced some of the difficulties we are faced with when opening a product and manufacturing company. From design to fulfilment, we will endeavour to do our utmost to get you the best possible product. We now know what to expect, from mailing costs to packaging and staff. If anything unforeseen happens, I promise to keep excellent communication, and clearly define any changes.
As our product is almost COMPLETELY Natural, every product will differ slightly in colour as each leaf is individual. Also we reserve the right to slight changes regarding the design.
The road to creating an amazing product can be bumpy or smooth - but I hope you'll join us and enjoy the ride! I love sharing my process with backers, so I hope you'll find backing this campaign interesting and fun!
NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL BACKERS:
Some countries may charge you a customs fee to receive your shipment. Please contact me if you need help determining if a customs fee applies and how much it will be. Your items will ship from Chiang Mai, Thailand.
I'd like to be honest and say that some International shipments can be tricky and some could get stuck in the mail or come back to me – unfortunately, that’s just the way it is. If an item is returned to me, I will refund the cost of the kit minus the cost of shipping (because I have already spent that money). Thanks so much for your understanding!
- (42 days)