Cutscene Previews & More!
Happy New Year!
The beta isn't quite ready yet, but since last we posted some of the things we've done include:
- Redid the NPC engine (results in reduced load times when switching between areas - especially noticeable on the Vita version. Also makes it faster & easier to add NPCs as we're working on scenarios saving us work in the long run).
- Got a bunch of maps ready for prime-time (animated & with proper collision detection)
- Made several cutscenes for the game
- Got a tricky sequence in the opening scenario working (was a pain to get working but is hopefully worth it for making the opening a great way to start the game).
- General bug fixes & engine improvements as we need them
- General scenario in-game implementation
You can check out a few of the cutscenes we've made. Note, there's no audio in these previews (but there will be audio in the actual game):
Opening cutscene part 1
Opening cutscene part 2
Dominic Steele introduction cutscene
Also, here's an image from a nightmare cutscene later in the game. The Phantasy Star influences are strong!
In addition to these kinds of full-screen cutscenes, there are also cutscenes that occur directly in-game.
In other news, we wanted to draw everyone's attention to two promising new Kickstarter RPG projects.
Shadows of Adam is a traditional RPG with some great pixel art. Very reminiscent of Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest in the best possible way. There's also a free demo you can try out.
Children of Zodiarcs is a Strategy/RPG with a CCG bent. Square-Enix approved. Already well past its initial goal.
We're working hard on getting the beta ready. Note, for the beta, we will be using Steam to allow for rapid updates and to ensure that everyone remains on the most recent build. This will not affect your reward of the game itself so if you're in a tier that gets access to the beta, you can try out the beta and still get a different version of the game for your actual copy.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, let us know! Back to work!