GenCon Schedule and Ebook
Red Markets at GenCon
It's been a crazy few weeks. Scheduling for GenCon has been...less than ideal. But it's finally all squared away! Here's where you can find us at the convention.
- All times listed are EST to match the con packet
- All events are linked to their event page in the GenCon system
- We will be selling copies of Red Markets and other merch through the IGDN booth, but we have too many lovely GMs to fit in there.
- Games in Green are out in the wild; I won't know their location until GenCon sets a spot
- IGDN games are in red. They will be in the official IGDN play room.
- If you want to see Caleb talk at panels, seminars are in yellow.
- GenCon's arcane guidelines require games outside the IGDN room have different descriptions and content, so we will be running two separate conventions packets.
- "Moral Hazards" is the name I've had to give to the Quickstart Guide's contents and accompanying advanced contracts I'm writing for experienced groups.
- "Toxic Assets" is the title I've given to the entirely separate convention packet I've had to write to fulfill GenCon's requirements. It will be an early draft of the Le Corbusier supplement (might as well get some playtesting in).
- All GMs will have access to both packets, so your crew can decide to switch enclaves as long as the Market is cool with it.
- GenCon's system does not like the way Red Markets is set up at all. It's style guide demands a single scenario per game be entered into the system, and it has little patience for RM's "pick your poison" gameplay. Rest assured that every event will have 3-4 separate contracts for players to choose from, no matter what the description may say. There might be some shepherding towards certain jobs if the majority of a crew is new (don't want paralysis-by-analysis in a 4-hour convention slot), but you could play nothing but RM all convention long and never repeat a job.
Performance: A Red Markets Novel now available through Backerkit
The ebook version of the novel is now available through your Backerkit accounts. Downloads include the cover (.jpeg) and a .mobi and .epub version.
I haven't forgotten about the audiobook; it is currently in production by the talented Fae Kells. I'll get that out to everyone when it is ready. Print versions will be available at Origins and GenCon, and I'm hoping to have a POD option ready in the next few weeks for those of you that prefer dead trees.
And Don't Forget...
That's it for today. Don't forget that Hebanon Games has another Kickstarter coming up on May 23rd for our first board game: Party Fowl: The Game of Drunk Ducks. It's got art by the insanely talented KC Green, and I'm quite proud of it. It's exactly the palette cleanser I needed after a heavy design like Red Markets, and some of y'all might feel the same way. If that doesn't convince you, here I am as a duck.
As always, thanks for the support. Let me know if you have any questions in the comments, and I hope to see you all at GenCon!