We nurture & cultivate innovative ideas through design & function. Not only do we thrive on solving daily problems with simple solutions, but we also aspire to provide life experiences with a sense of style and uniqueness.
Whether you are giving us a virtual fist bump, sharing our product through your social media or pledging, your support is critical to Dango Products' success. Thank you for joining us in our mission of bringing quality products to the market, fitting an active lifestyle with industrial design.
With the Dango P01 Pioneer Wallet, we saw an opportunity to design something that we would like to use everyday. We used top quality materials, cutting edge design, added functionality and blended materials to elevate the bifold wallet as you know it. Each wallet is made and assembled in the USA, ensuring exceptional quality and attention to detail. The fine, genuine Italian vegetable tanned leather leather is cut, then sewn together with only the finest materials possible. The wallet has RFID blocking material laminated to it to keep your information safe. The silicone band's durable and elastic properties give you flexibility on how you use your wallet (banding both pockets together, banding one side or band-less). By blending these high quality materials, Dango P01 Pioneer Wallets offer a balanced feeling of old school manufacturing methods with modern design and functionality.
Dango P01 Pioneer Wallet Features:
- Handcrafted and assembled in the USA
- Vegetable tanned Italian leather
- Designed to hold up to 20 cards (business or credit cards)
- RFID blocking to keep your information safe and secure
- Designed to work with our MT02 Multi-Tool (available separately).
- 24 Page Dango Notebook (included with the Dango P01 Pioneer Wallet + Pen)
Not only did we want to bring you an awesome wallet, we designed a custom pen to go along with it. We CNC each pen in the USA from 6061 aerospace grade aluminum and anodize each pen to provide a durable finish. For the ink, we use the highly regarded Schmidt 4889M pressurized ink refill allowing you to write in the most difficult situations, always giving you the ability to write your thoughts, ideas and expressions at a moment's notice. We thought of everything and really did our best to bring you a pen that works with you, fitting your needs and lifestyle.
Dango Pen Features:
- CNC'd 6061 aerospace grade aluminum
- Anodized finish for a long lasting, durable coating
- Schmidt 4889M black ink refill (Made in Germany).
Compatible with Fisher space ink refills as well.
- Slotted end, allowing attach points for keyrings, lanyards, etc.
- Silicone o-rings for grip
Standard ballpoint pens rely on gravity to dispense ink, which is why they can only write at specific angles. This may be fine for writing on horizontal surfaces, but not for writing upside down or on vertical surfaces. Space ink cartridges use compressed air to dispense ink, allowing users to write on surfaces at any angle.
We feature RFID protection in all of our wallets to help insulate our customers from "RFID skimming" - a type of electronic pickpocketing. Many credit cards, drivers' licenses, and passports now come with embedded radio frequency identification chips. When activated by an RFID reader, these chips transmit certain types of information wirelessly, so that you can verify your identity or even make a purchase without swiping your card. Our wallets are built to protect you from these hackers.
Included with all our P01 Wallet + Pen combos, is a compact notebook that fits neatly in the P01 wallet.
- Hand stitched in the US
- 24 page notebook
We chose to make the Dango P01 Pioneer Wallet in the US to keep American quality at the forefront, supporting our local communities, vendors and fellow business owners.
Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather is highly regarded as top quality due to several reasons:
- Craftsmanship: It's produced by hand by craftsmen with natural and plant-based extracts, not mass-produced in factories like other leathers.
- Uniqueness: Vegetable-tanned leather is a unique process which produces a superior product. The end result is a symbol of quality from the natural tanning process. Every wallet we produce has a unique look.
- Durability: Only the best quality hides are used to ensure maximum durability and strength. In fact, most light scratches and nicks can be wiped away. Only 10% of the world's leather is made with the vegetable tanning process.
- Beauty with Age: Wear and tear of Italian leather adds to its beauty and character. Unlike other leathers, it rarely needs to be cleaned. Wiping with a damp cloth every few weeks is the most that's ever expected.
- Eco-friendly: Rather than coloring leather with chromium sulfate and acids, vegetable tanned leather is tanned using tree bark.
We use leather which is assembled and cut in San Francisco in a factory that is part of the SFMade Organization. SFMade’s mission is to support vibrant, domestic manufacturing for locally-made products, encouraging entrepreneurship and creating employment opportunities for a diverse local workforce.
Our pens are also made right here in the USA. We craft our pens from 6061 aerospace grade aluminum. CNC'd to perfection, we then anodize and finish our aluminum parts with local vendors who really care and take pride in good design.
How does it work?
Charlie has traveled extensively throughout the world for the past 5 years, learning about design, development and production. He has gained an understanding of what it takes to design, manufacture and ship good quality product, all while being on a tight schedule and meeting critical deadlines. He is passionate about product and functional design. He has always wanted to make "cool" products that people can relate to and see value in.
Thuan’s goal is to build and cultivate a progressive world where art and design matter in people's lives. Working for companies like Element Case, Focus Design and Speck Design, he has experience in both a hands on and advisory roles of design: everything from ideation and sketching through 3D CAD and product CMF (colors, materials and finishes). Over the years, Thuan has developed a keen eye for superior aesthetics and an in-depth understanding of how design can not only build a creative culture, but also inspire a creative lifestyle.
Risks and challenges
We have taken every precaution to make sure our products meet our strict quality standards, from using the highest quality materials to performing product strength tests. Now, with your support, we are ready to launch. The product 'first articles' are approved, and we are ready to enter mass production.
We have many years of design, development and production experience under our belts, and are confident that we can have product shipped on targeted dates. We have managed out the unknowns to the best of our abilities, but as people who care deeply about the things we make, we will communicate with you throughout the process so that you know exactly when to expect your shipment.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)