Check out our social media pages for important updates:
WE NOW OFFER INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING!
Please contact us BEFORE you pledge to receive an international shipping quote. Here's the information we need to know:
- Which country you live in.
- Which pledge level you're interested in.
- Any additional upgrades or items you'd like to add onto your pledge.
The RenderBot Story
Most 3D printers are created with a focus on cramming a variety of components into them while maintaining a low price point, giving them the illusion of higher functionality. In reality, this amounts to a printer with very little functionality and a bunch of parts that stop working after a month, costing you a lot of extra money in the end. After experiencing this problem firsthand with a different Kickstarter 3D Printer, we set out to change that trend.
What Sets Us Apart
The RenderBot was designed with quality in mind. We don't believe in forcing you to pay extra for things that should come with every printer by default. That's why the RenderBot comes with a completely genuine, all-metal E3D hotend right from the start. You don't have to pay extra to upgrade to an extruder design that actually works. Having an all-metal hotend gives you durability as well as the flexibility to print with any plastic on the market.
When you purchase a RenderBot, you will also receive a RAMBo controller board. This is one of the easiest boards to use because everything is included in a single layout. This allows you to upgrade your printer at a later date if you want to add non-essential components such as a heated bed, an LCD, a dual extruder, or an external temperature sensor for things like a heated build chamber. It has ports for all of these things built right in. You won't ever have to upgrade to a new board.
The build volume for the RenderBot is 10 x 10 x 10in. This volume is larger than your average 3D printer, but small enough to avoid making the printer unnecessarily bulky and slow. Having a greater build volume gives you the freedom to print anything you want without forcing you to downscale or slice the model into multiple parts. What's the point in getting a 3D printer if you can't print half of what you want to because of size limitations?
This printer is easy to assemble as well. With most printers, wires are difficult to work with. Once they are attached, you have to disassemble the entire machine to rework them. The motors on the RenderBot are all detachable from their wiring, which makes it incredibly easy to install them without having to worry where their wires go ahead of time. Once you are ready, you just plug one end into the motors and the other end into the controller board.
The outer steel frame is made out of two connected right triangles, making the frame assembly an effortless process. This also allows for the front of the printer to be wide open and easily accessible for part retrieval and inspection. You don't have to reach into this printer or bend over to see the progress of your print.
The Easy Kit Upgrade (+$40)
In the standard RenderBot kit, some wire splicing/soldering is required to finish assembly. The Easy Upgrade will eliminate the need for any knowledge as well as any extra tools required to get the wiring done. When you add the Easy Upgrade to any pledge level, your kit will ship with a few different things done for you ahead of time, making assembly even easier.
Advantages of the Easy Upgrade:
- You don't need crimps or a soldering iron/solder.
- You don't need to have any wiring knowledge.
- You don't need to spend any extra time wiring up electrical components, creating a faster assembly experience.
The Assembled Kit Upgrade (+$250)
When you buy a RenderBot kit, you have to assemble the kit yourself. While we have tried our best to make sure the kit is easily assembled, you can add this upgrade to your pledge to receive a fully assembled RenderBot right out of the box.
Advantages of the Assembled Upgrade:
- The kit arrives fully assembled. You don't have to assemble anything yourself.
- The printer will be ready to print as soon as you receive it.
- You don't need any tools (screwdriver is required to level the build platform).
- This upgrade includes the Easy Upgrade, so you don't need any wiring knowledge.
See more timelapse video on our YouTube Page.
- Physical Dimensions: ~14.5 x 16.5 x 17.5in (422 x 367 x 448mm)
- Build Volume: 10 x 10 x 10in (254 x 254 x 254mm)
- Layer Resolution: High (.1mm), Medium (.2mm), Low (.32mm)
- Print Speed: Stable at 60mm/s, can go much higher
- Print Material: Most plastics available (ABS, PLA, Nylon, Flexible, Wood, Ceramic, Bronze, Polycarbonate, HDPE, PVA, etc.)
Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
Risks and challenges
As with any project, there are unforeseen problems that can occur. We have tried our best to eliminate these problems by taking the following actions:
- Every piece of the kit you see in the RenderBot prototype is from the manufacturer who we will be using. With the exception of last second design changes, there won't be any manufacturer switching because we have taken measures to ensure that quality won't be an issue ahead of time.
- The RenderBot prototype has undergone numerous stress tests in multiple categories and has passed with flying colors.
- (45 days)