READYACTION mounts and harness systems are in production and just months away from providing hands-free video and multitasking capabilities with your mobile device. Get some information below, share my campaign and please support the project. Thanks so much..I couldn't do it without you!
A recent article came out in The Pittsburgh Business Journal below:
READYACTION Sport - Hands-free mount/harness system which allows a user to shoot video with his/her smartphone or camera and/or multitask (e.g. emailing, texting and even listening to music with direct access to your screen with one device), while on the move.
Please watch video below on how best to use READYACTION Sport
READYACTION Office - Hands-free mount/harness system which allows a user to shoot video with his/her tablet and/or multitask, while teaching, home-inspecting, performing mechanical work, etc.
Please watch video below on how best to use READYACTION Office
READYACTION & ME
I've been an active family man all my life. I grew up on the slopes and trails with my siblings...today I frequent them with my three children. And being that it's now 2013, you better believe that I'm filming every precious moment that I can.
The problem, however, is that I've always struggled to join my family in the action, when my hands are always tied up with a phone or camera. Below is my first attempt to put into action my idea with some basic material that I utilized consisting of a piece of elastic, clips, a few cases and my phone.
Skiing in 2011- The beginning of the story and my sophisticated material!
This original hinge required over 12 different tool dies for production!
My prototype collection……………
Fortunately, I've taken the idea over the last two years from the above to a product that I call READYACTION!
READYACTION is the answer to multitasking and video...without sacrificing priceless interactions. It's also a great way to share these interactions on the go, as they can be posted immediately to the web from the slope or trail. As long as you have a smart phone, you can now link into the world of social networking (i.e., Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Twitter) from anywhere you have service...all from your READYACTION mount/harness.
And thanks to READYACTION and the rapidly advancing video capabilities provided now in your own device, you can shoot high quality video on the go without having to invest hundreds of dollars.
READYACTION - Keep Moving!!!
READYACTION Sport and Office are already in motion - the READYACTION Sport molds are currently being tooled in China, while READYACTION Office is in it's 3rd round of prototypes. Our first production run will take place soon in China, which is scheduled for December/January. After our first production run, we will be shipping the molds to the Pittsburgh area, where our product will be "Made in America".
• David and others are out and about using READYACTION Sport to show Kickstarter supporters – READYACTIONGO.COM
• READYACTION Sport tooling dies and stability plate will be completed by the end of December
• Test, approve, and finalize READYACTION Sport for production • Produce first run in China according to Kickstarter demand
• Ship tooling dies from China to Pittsburgh, Pa for continued production at NZK Plastics, Turtle Creek, Pa
• Receive and pay for READYACTION Office final prototype, stability plate, and insert for Mini’s
• Finalize tooling die drawings and stability plate for READYACTION Office
• Order promotional items (i.e., T-shirts, stickers)
• Pay for final prototypes and for READYACTION Office
• Create and order packaging for READYACTION Sport
• Pay for promotional items
• Final payment for READYACTION Sport tooling dies and initial payment for READYACTION Office tooling dies
• Create and order packaging for READYACTION Office
• Purchase inventory necessary to fulfill Kickstarter supporters
• Inspect and finalize tooling dies for READYACTION Office
• Produce READYACTION Office initial run in China according to Kickstarter demand
• Ship tooling dies from China to Pittsburgh and produce at NZK Platics of Turtle Creek, Pa
• Make final payments for READYACTION Office tooling dies and stability plates
• Buy necessary inventory for READYACTION Office according to demand in Kickstarter
• Produce READYACTION Sport and Office in alignment with demand
• Continue to develop market strategies for product awareness and eventually market share: Distribution options & Web-site development and maintenance (READYACTIONGO.com)
• Evaluate the product designs based on initial user feedback
• Incorporate user feedback into new product development cycles
David has himself 100% funded 16 months of READYACTION development. He now needs help from you through this campaign for funding the first production run and to secure shelf-ready packaging. Ultimately, READYACTION is intended to sit on store shelves and we need to prepare ourselves for demand and retail requirements.
David W. Rost – David is the owner of Republic Lumber Company in Pittsburgh, PA. Republic Lumber is a family owned company since 1935. In 1999, David took over ownership from his grandfather. In 2001, David expanded the company with an acquisition of a kiln dry facility out of bankruptcy, operated it for 5 years and sold the facility for a profit in 2006. He is also a founding member of Platypus LLC, a 2012 Carnegie Mellon University start-up company focused on robotic boats. He is always on the go and looking for ways to facilitate his active life style.
Tim Rowe - Tim is a mechanical engineer who has spent the past 12 years working with General Dynamics. He has been instrumental in multiple product launches and he has played a crucial role in getting READYACTION off the ground.
Mike Kane - Mike, the CEO and co-founder of cellhellmet, has been a tremendous help with my ideas and especially with getting this Kickstarter campaign off the ground and the start-up of the READYACTIONGO.com website. One year ago he was featured on ABC's Shark Tank and as a result, his company has achieved new sales records and consumer recognition.
Nick Karnavas - Nick is from NZK Plastics in Turtlecreek, PA and he has been instrumental in the delivery of timely and budgeted prototypes. Ultimately, Nick and NZK will take over the production of READYACTION products, once they make their way to the United States.
Linda Rost – Linda will be using her background in advertising and content companies in London to guide READYACTION's brand development. Her experience includes work for brands like Audi, HP, Volvo and Orange. David’s sister! Also extremely keen on sustainability and pushing READYACTION in that direction asap.
Isobel Church – Isobel is currently in her final year of the graduate program at The Royal College of Art in London. As a talented artist and David’s niece, she was roped in to develop the READYACTION logo as well as the t shirt and stickers you can get if you decide to help us get off the ground.
Michael Monyok - Michael, a patent attorney from Keevican, Weiss, Bauerle & Hirsch, LLC in Pittsburgh, has been invaluable in guiding me though the patent process. I received my provisional patent in June 2013, which was one of the biggest steps forward for READYACTION.
Friends & Family - All the friends and family who have reviewed, tested, proof-read and supported me through the process. I could not have done it without you!
Risks and challenges
- Aligning manufacturing schedules, budget projections and actuals.
- Developing sales network/channels.
- Packaging design and production.
- (30 days)