Epic Robot Battle
Epic Robot Battle
The First Ever Battle of Giant RC LEGO Robots! Using a destructible city as the battleground and presented as a MOVIE in HD QUALITY!
The First Ever Battle of Giant RC LEGO Robots! Using a destructible city as the battleground and presented as a MOVIE in HD QUALITY! Read more
About this project
The earth has warped and the robots have taken over! After complete domination on earth, the end result is an all-out battle that will be theatrically filmed in HD. Created by Markus Geiger, this incredible platform and extraterrestrial bots provide a view of what is to come in the near future. Instead of waiting for the Epic Battle to arrive, you can have it now!
THE LONGER, INFORMATIVE TRAILER (HD)
Our goal for this amazing theatrical event is a minimum of $20,000, which will produce a full-length movie in HD. Once the movie is complete, it will be available on DVD, BLU-RAY, and on-line. Anything that is raised above the minimum goal will be used to make the movie even stronger (more destruction, more robots, professional commentary, etc.).
Here are our plans for the funds that we raise:
• Build one-of-a-kind robots, using LEGO Technic and R/C Components
• Adding more cameras, light and effects to our already exsisting set.
• Buy more LEGOs to build an end time city as the battleground.
• Provide great music developed exclusively for the Epic Robot Battle
• Development costs for backers’ rewards
• Add professional commentary throughout the battle in English and German.
• Produce exclusive memorabilia for this special event
Have you ever questioned what if robots had an all-out war? What was once considered a great addition to the human race, ended up backfiring and having total domination on earth as we know it. People have accepted that they have to take action. Now, they are partnering with other robots to destroy those that have bad intentions.
On this land of vacant buildings, vehicles, and homes, the robots have learned how to re-produce themselves. This means that robot population is only getting larger. At the same time, there is conflict amongst the community of robots. In an attempt to have authority over the entire world, an all-out battle has assumed. Now, it boils down to who will survive. The robots are no longer mere robots with human functionality. They are creating “the next generation” of robots with a mind of war and weapons of mass destruction. This final war will change the world forever ....
We will use LEGO Technic based robots with tuned engines and extended RC electric components. There are also rubber bands and strings used for weapons. Some other modified parts are special turn tables, which are not available at LEGO and are used for heavy purposes.
The robots are constructed by our inventor, Markus and his assistants. It's not required, but supporters and independent robot creators can join a open contest at our event. The first book of rules with building specifics is already written.
- 50,000 dollars: We can afford more high-end video cameras and equipment, special lights and effects, and employing an extra cameraman. We will increase the size of the battleground, the number of tanks and robots in battle, and we will create giant bosses at the end.
- 100,000 dollars: We will recruit anime-style dressed pilot actors, with professional voice-overs. We will use pilot seats, with a driver-view screen and robot controls embedded.
- 200,000 dollars or higher: We are going to show at least one live event in the USA. With more titans, a huge battleground, more merchandise and extra video feeds.
Markus Geiger - Inventor, Engineer, and Video Creator
Nicholas Maze - Marketing and Kickstarter Advisor
Bernhard Kleber - LEGO Builder and Video Assistant
NCH Productions - Animated Artwork
Ayan Nag - Artist
Risks and challenges
Can we make a robot battle movie for just $20K?
Yes, for sure we can. We have tested the required technology that we need, like the ability to create a re-loadable weapon system that is strong enough to destroy LEGO robots. A great model is the first robot itself. The ability to record and edit a video, which we have displayed with the trailers. We have a running prototype, a lot of LEGOs, a high-end PC for video editing, and a DSLR camera for full HD video recording (including a lot of high-end lenses, like the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM and a brand new GoPro). Majority of the budget will be used for LEGOs, RC components, lights, and camera equipment. Production prices will not be a major issue, because we can deliver majority of the lower rewards as downloads.
Our greatest challenge is producing a movie of this length. But, we will plan it carefully and produce it in steps. We can adapt our effects and details to a value which allows us to stay exact in planning and producing the size and quality that utilizes the maximum budget gained.
We will keep our backers updated, from beginning to end with regular updates, behind the scenes video, and photo feeds. And, we will listen to the wishes and feedback of our backers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)