Sometimes you have a story to tell, and no matter what life throws at you, you're determined to get it into the world. In this campaign, not only are we celebrating the story of Silent Knight, but we're going to highlight the story behind the story.
Silent Knight imagines Santa Claus as a crime-fighting, crime-noir private eye who uses his Santa-powers to help find lost children.
It’s the day before Thanksgiving, and Santa is trying to wrap up his final case before heading north to start his more famous job. But all of his nice deeds have put him in the crosshairs of some very naughty people. And if they have their way, this just might be a year without Santa Claus.
If you like your holiday stories with a twist—and lots of headbutting—this is the book for you.
If you'd like to take a peek, you can DOWNLOAD A FREE PREVIEW OF SILENT KNIGHT. After you read it, send it to someone else who'll enjoy it!
The first thing we want you to know: The book is done!
Every page is inked, colored, lettered, and ready to go. It's all laid out in a print-ready PDF, ready to send to the printer.
We successfully Kickstarted the first issue of Silent Knight last year. If you were one of those people, thank you! Your enthusiasm gave us the energy and confidence to jump right to the graphic novel stage.
What you'll get in this campaign is years of hard, grinding work between George, DaFu, and Lesley. This journey started over four years ago at New York Comic Con, when George and DaFu shook hands and decided to bring this Santa-story-with-a-twist to life. Soon after, Lesley added her coloring expertese to the team, and we were off.
But there is never a straight path in comics. Plans and timelines were made, but then life would get all life-y, so plans and timelines would be readjusted and the march to "The End" continued.
Now that we've crossed the finish line, rather than roll out Silent Knight issue by issue, we decided to cut to the chase. We've been waiting a long time to share this story, and we don't want to wait any longer.
But that's just a portion of the journey. Before DaFu and Lesley, there were two other attempts to bring Silent Knight into the world. The incredibly talented Alan Vickers and Richard Clark both put pencil to paper and imagined a Santa with a mean right hook, but life ultimately had other plans. And while the stars didn't align the way everyone hoped, their time and energy helped get us here. So this campaign is going to show off their vision and skills as well.
What do you get when you jump in the sleigh?
- The complete 4-issue story, which is now out of print
- The Kickstarter-exclusive cover
- George's script pages
- Dafu's and Lesley's process pages, including sketches, inks, and colors
- Original character sketches
- Sample pages from artists Richard Clark and Alan Vickers.
- Collectable soft enamel pin
- Personalized sketches featuring you (or someone you love) getting beat up by Santa (4 options to choose from)
- Customized letter written to Santa to make sure you make it on to his Nice list
You'll also get a chance to grab some original art from DaFu:
- All 80 original pages (pencils and inks) are available
- All 4 covers (pencils and inks) are available
- One-of-a-kind covers created by DaFu on a blank cover
Take a look at all available pages and covers on the Silent Knight Facebook page.
Meet the team
What's this Kickstarter for?
We've already invested thousands of dollars and years into bringing Silent Knight into the world. We did it for one simple reason: we love this story. And now that it's done, we want to share it with as many people as possible. Kickstarter allows us to:
- Bring Silent Knight to an international audience
- Share it with fans outside our Northeast and Pacific Northwest convention circuit
- Allow us to economically print more books, making Silent Knight available for future shows and fans
Every dollar is going back into this campaign in the form of printing, creating the rewards, and shipping.
And speaking of which...
The Silent Knight project timeline
- Campaign ends: midnight, May 3rd
- Kickstarter Funds Received: May 17th
- Silent Knight graphic novel to print: Mid May
- Book Manufacturing and Freight (8-10 weeks): Late July
- Expected Delivery to US Backers: Early-mid August
- Expected Delivery for INT Backers: Mid-late August
- Expected Delivery on sketch cover bundle: October
Ready to jump in the sleigh?
If you've read this far, it sounds like this is your kind of book. So scroll back up this page, choose your reward, and become a part of this campaign today.
On behalf of George, DaFu, and Lesley, we thank you for your support.
Risks and challenges
Not only do we create Kickstarters, we back a TON of them, too, so we've been where you are. Here's what we've done (and will do) to make this campaign as smooth as possible:
- THE BOOK IS ALREADY DONE and it’s ready to go to the printer as soon as the funds clear
- We're working with Print Ninja to create the books. They took great care of our BABY campaign last year and we're excited to work with them again
- Our Santa pins are already here (and they look AMAZING)
- We have a process in place for creating the art rewards in a timely manner, while keeping the quality high
- We kept the number of original pieces to a manageable, realistic level so we can get everything out in plenty of time
And if you have any questions along the way, feel free to reach out to us.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (25 days)