If you are like me, you have been keeping track of cute and funny stories about your kids. But most of these stories end up in a journal, or at best as a post on Facebook. In both cases, these stories quickly fade away.
Peanut Gallery was born because I want to bring these stories to life in a fun way that I could enjoy everyday as art on my wall.
How it works:
- Think of your favorite story
- Select from one of four initial illustration styles
- Upload your story and a photo of the people in the story (for our illustrators*)
- Let our writers and illustrators turn your story into a comic
- Review a proof, give some feedback
- Get your custom comic in the mail in less than 4 weeks!
*Note: illustrations will not be photo realistic, photos will be used to make the comics looks similar to you and your children.
Have a look at the different styles you can choose from
Risks and challenges
The primary risk around this project is management of the illustrators. We are planning to create a small pool of hand picked illustrators based on style, responsiveness and professionalism. However, to start, they will not be full time employees, which means they have other projects and responsibilities.
Our commitment is to have comics delivered to customers within 4 weeks, and the illustrators will be the most challenging part of controlling timing. We believe through a combination of relationships, technology and process we will create comics in a fairly easy and fluid way that allows us to deliver on time, every time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)