132 pages of Full Color gloss pages of the world of 2688!
This special wraparound cover was pencilled by Rafael Lanhellas (Dynamite), inker Belardino Brabo (DC Comics) and colors Ivan Nunes (DC Comics).
This 132 page Full Color Trade Paperback collects the first three issues of The Strange comic series! Also included is a map of the world, unprinted artwork, a History of the World, sketch work and more!
There have been some changes to the comics. Some of the lettering has been fixed and any spelling errors corrected.
Don't forget, if you want the full experience, there is The Strange Sourcebook #1. This was just released 6 months ago, and we still have copies left, that is why it is NOT included in the Trade Paperback. Also, there is a 14 page story in the Sourcebook that introduces Autocrat, a villain that will factor in, in future issues.
The art team for The Strange series as well as the Sourcebook are:
Pencils - Francisco Menor
Inks - Juan Albarran (Issue #1)
Inks - Rob Doan (Issue #2 & #3)
Colors - Jay Moyano
Written, created and Lettered - John Daniel Taylor IV
Welcome to the world of 2688! Have you ever wondered how mankind will ever attain Super Powers? In The Strange, I explore just that question along with many others. I have always called The Strange a science fiction story with a hidden super power agenda. I think that the future of Super Powers, and how Mankind will one day obtain them is not through radiation or other pseudo science means, but through science. Hard science. Most of which exist in infancy today! Of course, Mankind needs a goal, and survival is the greatest among them.
I also explore our culture and the compulsion to achieve beauty at no cost. The slow transformation woman/men are taking to essentially become more than human! This all leads to one logical conclusion: The Transhumanism! Man slowly becoming machine. And the eventual final change, The Posthuman! Not everyone embraces (or can afford) this new way of life. The human becomes a Sub Human, or normal, and the Transhuman is the advanced life form. Evolution is taking its next step!
Beko’s world is gripped in a Mini Ice Age after two devastating Natural Disasters. The oceans are drying up as the Ice Poles glaciers begin to advance. No Man lands are created on the old Sea Beds. These beds are hunted by roaming bands of Cannibal Gangs. Since most animals are gone except rodents and birds and the Sea animals thought to be extinct, food is created synthetically in the cities or forged in the desolate lands around the cities. Sea water is transported to cities via large pipes and processed into drinking water there. The skies are cold grey most days are filled with rain. The sun makes an occasional visit. Plant life overgrows in some areas and struggles to survive in others. What the Earth needs is a Hero! They are going to get one!
Risks and challenges
Hello and welcome to the The Strange TPB Vol. #1 Kickstarter! Glad to have everyone back and I welcome the new readers too!
Kickstarters evolve. That is just how it is. Having over 25 successful Kickstarters, how I create and conduct these Kickstarters has changed over the years. Now, I feel it is time to bring this process to another level. I want to talk about some other things too. So here we go...
1) COMIC PROGRESS - The Strange Vol. #1 TPB is finished and ready to print!
2) MAILING SUPPLIES - All products will be mailed in a special box!
3) COMIC SUPPLIES - I have upgraded to Mylar 2 and Acid Free Half Backs for all comics. These are Pro supplies for your comics. There is no way to describe the quality they add to the books.
4) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING - There has been a general change in how and what you can send through the mail in the American Post Office. This affects shipping cost not only to the USA but also all countries except Canada. I have found a way to save on cost, but it is still higher than Pre 2018 prices.
5) WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO? - As far as where the money goes, 70% goes to printing, and the rest to Incentives, Kickstarter Fees and shipping. Every penny counts! I get paid in copies that I sell at shows when I promote the product. Sure, I get the short end of the stick, but we end up with some great stuff!
6) The Incentive for The Strange - What can I say? Some of the Limited Edition covers are starting to run low. It won't be long before they are gone. After this Kickstarter I will evaluate what is left and decide whether I can continue offering them.
Okay. That is it! I hope everyone is going to enjoy this comic as much as we did making it.
Any questions, please email me!
Thanks for the support!
John Daniel Taylor IV
Top Secret Press
Owner / Editor / Writer
If you want to know more about Top Secret Press. Check us out on these Social Media sites:
WEB SITE: http://www.topsecretpress.com/index.htm
- (42 days)