Risks and challenges
Hello and welcome to the 7th Sister #1 Kickstarter!
Glad to have you regulars back and I welcome you new readers too!
Top Secret Press is about making books that not only I like, but I hope readers like as well. As the Head Writer, I incline to a more science fiction style on my stories and you guys have received them well so far.
With the 7th Sister, I explore a new future universe of Earth. Space travel and overpopulation are but a few concepts I tackle.Like most of my stories, this one has been years in the planning with at least 6 months of design work by Rafael Lanhellas.
This story has a more fantasy sci-fi, space opera feel and the science is a more comic book psuedo science rather than hard Science like The Strange series.The Pleiades - Taurus connection to Ancient mankind is also explored as well as the mythology that connects them all.
This project has a few differences than the last ones. While I am the writer and creator, Rafael Lanhellas is handling all the art challenges of the book which include everything from the character designs to the Incentives. He really went out of his way to make this book possible. So a big hand of thanks to him because without him, it wouldn't be possible!
And an additional thanks to colorist Daniel Da Silva Rodrigues for his help too.
And one more thanks to Eluan Roberto for inking the postcards at a short notice!
Let me not forget, a thanks to Ivan Nunes for the great cover colors!
One more thing, my comic projects seem to take around five or six months to finish on the average, so I think this one will be no different. Rafael is doing the pencils and inks, so this takes some extra time. Saying that, I am actually giving myself more time, instead of overall shorting myself.
As far as where the money goes, the aritst get about 70% of the funds and the remaining 30% goes to printing, Incentives, Kickstarter Fees and shipping. Every penny counts! I get paid in copies that I sell at shows when I promote the product. Sure, I get the short end of the stick, but we end up with some great stuff!
So I hope everyone can jump aboard for this comic! I thank everyone for their help no matter how small, it all helps!
Thanks for the support!
John Daniel Taylor IV
Top Secret Press
Owner / Editor / Writer
If you want to know more about Top Secret Press. Check us out on these Social Media sites:
WEB SITE: http://www.topsecretpress.com/index.htm
- (43 days)