This 156 page Full Color Trade Paperback collects the Daedalus Spear saga from the 3CORPS comic mini-series! Also included is the Original version of Issue #1, unprinted artwork, a cover gallery, the Station Zero Handbook, and more!
There have been some small changes to the comics. Some of the lettering has been fixed and any spelling errors were corrected. 3CORPS was among my first comics, and I've come a long way since then!
Yes, I am releasing two separate editions for this Trade, a non nude and a nude. The Cover A Edition will have NOT have the Bill McKay Risque cover while The Bill McKay Limited Cover B Edition will include the Nude Cover. The Bill McKay cover is limited to 75 and that's it. There are various levels to choose from below.
In the beginning...
In the 1950's, the first super human power evolved in a private in the army. Shortly after this event, a secret unnamed cabal was formed within the military to watch over the Super Human condition. Eventually, The Colonel was put in charge of Station Zero and the group that would eventually be called 3CORPS.
For the next 60 years, the Superhuman Condition was hidden from the general population. Since these 'appearances' were so far apart, they were easily concealed! Occasionally, these situations would resolve themselves before the military could even intervene. That is why early on it was decided to form a special task force to deal with these incidents when they arose.
The name for 3CORPS was given to this task force by The Colonel for sentimental reasons He has never disclosed those reasons and anyone that has met him knows why! He does answer a question unless he wants to, and will never give out any more information than is necessary. This is the life that he committed himself to many years before.
There have been other members of 3CORPS over the years. The current roster is Max, Krimson and Faceless. 3CORPS mixes history and the present together to create an interesting story for the reader.
3CORPS are a group of super powered humans brought together by The Colonel to fight against the growing superhuman threat on the planet. Their Headquarters, Station Zero, is located in the Amazon Jungle. The very existence of the compound is unknown to most of the world. Even the people that come to work there must never leave and the ones that do mysteriously have no memory of the facility.
ISSUE #1: This story is entitled "Who Shall Wield the Daedalus Spear?"
The 'cat is out of the bag' as the population of Earth begin to discover the existence of super humans. 3CORPS leader, Max fights the super powered Gabriel Luciano but soon finds he has his hands full!
ISSUE #2: This story is entitled "The Daedalus Spear".
At the beginning of Issue #2, we find the rest of the team, Krimson and Faceless, dealing with the repercussions of their leader’s demise. Max is in the super sophisticated hospital in Station Zero’s Medical Laboratory after his near fatal encounter with Gabriel Luciano in issue #1.
In the meantime, The Colonel has other ideas. He convinces Faceless and Krimson to go to Russia and interview Georgy Joromir, AKA The Devastator.
ISSUE #3: This story is entitled "Black Knight Rising".
In this issue the team is shattered! Max, having sustained so much damage, is now insane. Enemies become friends as 3CORPS finds themselves fighting their own leader!
Meanwhile, The Colonel must try to make a “Deal with the Devil”. We have been talking about Level 13 for several issues, now it time to see what is hidden there! What will The Colonel do to stop Axiom?
Also, the secret of the Daedalus Spear will be revealed! What is the connection between the spear and the 13,000 year old alien satellite, The Black Knight?
This Trading Card promotion is running through six of my Kickstarter this year. Each Kickstarter will feature a set of cards from a different comic produced by Top Secret Press.
For instance, this Kickstarter features Cards #3 & #4 (Betty Wicked). The cards will not reprinted or overproduced. Each set must be obtained by Backing each Individual Kickstarter.
The Devil's Back #1 is still going on now, so you still have a chance to get cards #1 & #2!
To qualify for the cards, you have to Back each campaign. Any level of Pledge for a Print Product will get the cards, a Pledge as low as $7 will receive the cards. The cards will be delivered with your normal Incentives of each Kickstarter.
The following titles, the months of the Kickstarter (Dates will be announced later), and which cards go to which campaign, are here:
March - The Devil’s Back #1 - #1 & #2 The 7th Sister
April - 3CORPS Vol. #1 Trade Paperback - #3 & #4 Betty Wicked
June - Betty Wicked #4 - #5 & #6 Legend: Hell’s Executioner
July - Legend: Hell’s Executioner #4 - #7 & #8 The Strange
Sept. -The 7th Sister #3 - #9 & #10 The Devil’s Back
Oct - The Strange #5 - #11 & #12 3CORPS
A NOTE ABOUT THE INCENTIVES: I have grouped the incentives as follows: Basic Incentives, All About the Books 1 - 6, The Full Monty. Thanks!
Risks and challenges
Hello and welcome to the 3CORPS Trade paperback Kickstarter!
Some of you already know me, and some of you don't, so let's get acquainted. I'm John Daniel Taylor IV, the Owner and Creator of most of the Top Secret Press products. We are entering our fifth year of making color comics, with over 35 successful and completed Kickstarters behind us.
Let's talk about this Kickstarter...
1) ABOUT THE TRADE- This Trade is a little bigger this time, a whopping 156 pages bigger! Outweighting our first 132 page The Strange Trade by 24 pages ! This Trade also features the first issue, (with corrections) but printed as it was in the beginning. I had some older material inked and colored, and added a Mini Sourcebook about the characters to help fill in some spots of powers and history. There is the Cover Gallery too. Some of the Nude Cover Incentives come with a Special Limited Edition Krimson Regular & Nude covers postcard. Plus, there are more Incentives to come!
Also, did I mention how great the trades look? The quality of the book is great too, actually better than the comics!
2) ABOUT THE TWO COVERS - For the most part, 3CORPS is a story for most ages 13 and up. But I realized that the Bill McKay nude cover might not be suited for the younger crowd, so I have created a second one for 'the completist' that wants everything. The trade is Limited (to 75), and won't be printed again in that format. The other Trade with Rafael Lanhellas cover, will be the Mass Distribution copy, and will NOT have the nude cover. That Trade also has a Special incentive.
3) COMIC PROGRESS - The 3CORPS trade is in the final editing phases. There are a lot of things that need to be fixed, and we have been doing that as we work on this, as well as other projects. It will easily be ready for shipping when due. Updates will follow, as always.
4) WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO? - As far as where the money goes, 80% goes to the artists and printing, and the rest to Incentives, Kickstarter Fees and shipping. Every penny counts! I get paid in copies that I sell at shows when I promote the product.
5) ABOUT THE CURRENT MISSION OF TOP SECRET PRESS - This year (and next) we hope to release a project(Comic book or playing card) every month. This starts in April (2019) forward until March (2020). This is an attempt to get out the Backlog of books (many in the final stages) we have been promising. Next year we will be streamling these books and possibly moving to a higher platform for sales. But right now, we would like to get current on some of the projects you guys have been patiently waiting for.
6) The 3CORPS Trade paperback is scheduled for a September, 2019 release.
Okay! That's it for now! I hope you can pledge to help get this trade paperback created! And thanks in advance everyone! You guys are great! All of you!
Any questions, please email me!
Thanks for the support!
John Daniel Taylor IV
Top Secret Press
Owner / Editor / Writer
If you want to know more about Top Secret Press. Check us out on these Social Media sites:
WEB SITE: http://www.topsecretpress.com/
- (35 days)