Server Upgrade for Fyxt RPG! A free d20 tabletop RPG.
Server Upgrade for Fyxt RPG! A free d20 tabletop RPG.
Help upgrade FyxtRPG.com! A fun, fast, streamlined, infinitely flexible, web enabled, free to play, d20 tabletop RPG. Try it now!
Help upgrade FyxtRPG.com! A fun, fast, streamlined, infinitely flexible, web enabled, free to play, d20 tabletop RPG. Try it now! Read more
The goal of this Kickstarter campaign is to fund server upgrades for FyxtRPG.com. The Fyxt RPG has already been created and is working. Gamers are already enjoying it in a public beta. Read below and visit FyxtRPG.com for more details.
Update 3-18-15: Updated Backer Rewards and Add On items!
I am happy to announce increased Backer Rewards as well as Add On items! Please see the rewards section below!
The Fyxt RPG is a d20 style tabletop RPG system which allows players to play any kind of game they can imagine.The Fyxt RPG keeps the traditional feel of tabletop RPG gaming and combines it with the convenience of technology.
Everything a player needs is built into the website, FyxtRPG.com. Here players can create characters, monsters, and anything else they may need for a fun adventure. FyxtRPG.com stores, calculates, and manages everything. The rules, character sheets, and everything else that's needed to play an RPG is included. The players enter the fun stuff and the system does the calculations and keeps everything in one place. A player just needs an internet enabled device.
Due to the Fyxt RPG’s flexibility and streamlined rules, it is great for players new to RPGs as well as seasoned gamers.
The Fyxt RPG is a great d20 RPG gaming system on its own, but can also be used modularly with other RPGs. The choice is up to the players!
Highlights of the Fyxt RPG
- A New Way To Play- FyxtRPG.com provides the rules and tools to create and play any kind of RPG. Unleash your imagination with the Fyxt RPG!
- It’s a Fun RPG - All players get to play. Nobody is “taken out” of the game.
- Fast Gameplay- Streamlined actions and rules allows easy understanding with quick and straightforward player actions.
- Infinitely Flexible- Players can roleplay exactly the characters and stories they want to play. Any genre, any character type, anything players can imagine.
- Balanced And Fair Rule Set- Game rules balanced through mathematical algorithms. All players have access to the same abilities.
- Free To Play- No trial periods or money required to play. The entire core of the Fyxt RPG is available to all members!
- No Books Needed- Everything is on the website. Players just need a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or PC. Or, update the character sheet online and print it for play.
- Expansive Customization- Includes generators to create any Character, Power, or item a player can imagine.
The Fyxt RPG doesn't tell you what to play, it just provides the framework and rules of how to play it. Anything players or Gamemasters can imagine is possible. It is designed to be flexible, manageable, balanced, and more fun than any other RPG system. The players can use or invent any story, and be a part of that world.
The small ruleset is easy to learn, easy to implement, and easy to run. It focuses on the fun parts of roleplaying games. It limits the frustrating and time consuming aspects of tabletop RPGs.
In most RPGs, roleplaying and game mechanics are combined and inseparable. In the Fyxt RPG, the stories and the rules are two separate halves of the whole.
- Use, invent, or adapt anything from any story, legend, history, or your imagination to create the story, descriptions, and roleplay of your game.
- Apply the Fyxt RPG system rules to the story, and begin your adventure!
This Fyxt RPG method of RPG gaming opens up the infinite possibilities of imagination and creativity. It streamlines and optimizes gameplay for a fast, fun, and fair RPG gaming experience. It empowers players to literally play any style of game they want to.
For more specifics on the Fyxt RPG please visit our website (FyxtRPG.com) or watch one of the many videos we have already created on our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClfhI2VLnWhs2aqqak4wAqw).
One of the many things that make the Fyxt RPG system different than other RPGs is the price. The Fyxt RPG system is free! The entire core of the Fyxt RPG system is available to all members. Anyone is welcome to play the Fyxt RPG free. There is no risk to try it!
Backers at the 25 Dollar or higher level will also receive a lifetime membership for free! (The exact membership level depends upon the amount pledged. Please see reward details for more information.)
- Backers should sign up for a Free Fyxt RPG Peasant Monthly Membership. Once this campaign successfully concludes these free accounts will be manually updated to the proper membership level in line with the reward level. This change from monthly to lifetime will be permanent! No billing information needed. Should a Backer ever want to upgrade their permanent account received in this campaign they should contact FyxtRPG.com. I will arrange for the value of the gifted membership to be permanently discounted from the higher level monthly membership requested. Should a Backer want to downgrade their membership for some reason I will do so manually for free. The downgraded membership will be a free lifetime membership.
If the Fyxt RPG is free to play, then what does a premium membership get?
The Fyxt RPG premium subscriptions open up much more server space to create custom characters, non player characters, and exclusive content. The free memberships have a limited number of custom content, but they do have access to the entire core ruleset.
As a perk of a premium membership there are also some Fyxt RPG Advanced Options available. However, none of these are required to play. These can be considered enhancements to the game. They are much like options for cars over the base models. Both cars drive just fine, but you get might want more options than the base model.
Want to know the exact details of the differences in membership levels? Look to the chart below. It can also be found here: chart with all the membership information on FyxtRPG.com.
Want to know more about the Fyxt RPG? There is lots more information on our website: FyxtRPG.com
Thank you so much for your time and effort in supporting the Fyxt RPG. I really appreciate it! Please share it with your friends and family.
Backer Reward Additions!
Due to the inability to edit backer rewards once a Kickstarter has begun the additions are listed below. Everything above the $10 level has increased rewards!
- Fyxt RPG Hero Backers will now enjoy a Fyxt RPG sticker and a custom 19mm d20!
- Fyxt RPG Epic Hero Backers and higher will now also receive a custom Fyxt RPG dice bag!
- Fyxt RPG GM Backers or higher will now also receive a stack of 10 custom Fyxt RPG Tokens to use during gameplay!
When the Kickstarter is successful you will receive a survey requesting information needed to fulfill the Kickstarter Backer rewards. Information required will vary depending on the level of pledge.
Backer Reward Add On Items
Just add these to your current pledge and they will be added to the normal rewards! Once the Kickstarter is successful we will send out a survey to verify which add ons were included with your pledge.
Risks and challenges
There are relatively few risks with the Fyxt RPG. The Fyxt RPG is already created, working, and available. It can be enjoyed at FyxtRPG.com right now!
The Fyxt RPG community is continuously growing, and we need to upgrade servers and equipment in order to keep up.
I have already spent my savings and 401K to establish the Fyxt RPG. Now that I know that it works and people want to play it, it is time to take the next step. As the Fyxt RPG grows, it needs to be moved to a large and powerful dedicated managed server. Since the Fyxt RPG does all the calculations and storing of game data, it is very important to utilize a server that can handle a lot of traffic and backend calculations. This is the primary reason for the Kickstarter. FyxtRPG.com needs to move from servers that cost hundreds of dollars a year to servers that cost thousands of dollars a year. We also need to ensure the website is up and available 24/7, so we need technical support to troubleshoot any server issues and bring the site back online as soon as possible.
With more powerful servers, FyxtRPG.com should be able to handle the traffic.
I have upgraded many websites so I am familiar with website moves and transitions. As with all large website moves and upgrades, there are bound to be unforeseen issues. These will be tackled as they happen. I have a great track record of fixing any issues that arise. This history of maintenance for FyxtRPG.com can be seen on the forums of the website. Bugs, issues, questions, and any other concerns are always tackled quickly when they have arisen.
Should the Kickstarter go exceptionally well, I would like to add additional server redundancy to help to ensure uninterrupted quality access and speed.
There are sure to be hiccups, bugs, and player requests for changes and additions which I am excited to work through. I plan to keep the current bi-monthly update schedule.
FyxtRPG.com is already up, running, working, and being played so you don't have to take my word that it works. Find out for yourself!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)