From Page To Stage is a 4 week season dedicated to the performance of new musicals in different stages of development here in London.
From Page To Stage is a season of new musical theatre dedicated to the showcasing of work in development to an audience, to garner feedback and create new opportunities for the artistes involved. The 2014 season will present a mixed programme of work at different stages of development, including showcases, readings and full productions and will take place at London's Landor Theatre in Clapham North.
Expanding on the format of the very successful 2013 inaugural season, From Page To Stage 2014 will present:
- A new British musical "Before The Night Is Through" by Olivia Thompson and Chris Whithead – to headline the season and run for one week in a fully staged production
- A new American musical "The Mistress Cycle" by Beth Blatt and Jenny Giering, celebrating new work from America and displaying an example of how ground-breaking American work can be in breaking the boundaries of our expectation of the genre.
- Showcases – parts of musicals in development, presented with minimal staging:
Van Winkle by Caroline Wigmore with arrangements by Jennifer Green
Dancing Shadows Book by Ariel Dorfman Music and Lyrics by Eric Woolfson (inspired by the Korean folk Play Forest Fire by Bum Suk Cha)
Beowulf in Soho by Nicola Jane Buttigieg
- Rehearsed readings – full shows in development, read from scripts.
Merman's Apprentice by Stephen Cole and David Evans
Claus The Musical by Simon Warne Andy Collyer
Return Of The Soldier by Tim Sanders and a Charles Miller
We will also host an open mic night with various writers of musical theatre showcasing their individual songs from musical and will host a exclusive preview of the new political film musical 'Big Society The Musical'.
A joint initiative between Aria Entertainment and the Landor Theatre, From Page to Stage celebrates and showcases the wealth of new talent in the UK musical theatre scene. It provides a rare opportunity for writers and performers to try out new styles and find new audiences. Your donation will go towards the costs of supporting several company of actors and creative teams during a rehearsal and performance period lasting two full months. It will help young, ambitious and talented performers, writers and other creatives work to the best of their ability in a financially sound environment - something all too scare for aspiring performers. By contributing to From Page to Stage, you are helping nurture the future of musical theatre - its diversity, its originality, and its unique ability to capture imaginations the world over.
We have already received a Grant For The Arts and some other money from private philanthropists but this final £2500 is required to complete our budget.
A full breakdown of the shows can be seen at: www.frompage2stage.com
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
As with any theatrical endeavour, there are three main challenges - financial, creative, and logistical:
1) Financial: like many artistic projects, money can be scarce and sadly without money very little can be achieved. This is where you come in! If you love musical theatre and want a part in securing its future, there's no better way to help than by donating to From Page to Stage.
2) Creative: there's certainly no lack of amazing talent waiting to be discovered. The challenge lies in giving this talent an opportunity to thrive. By working with a huge company with experienced directors and musical directors in a brilliant professional theatre, we are providing the best possible platform for the discovery of new musical theatre, by creating an amazing, supportive creative environment.
3) Logistical: staging a season like this is not easy. It takes organisation and coordination. I have a wealth of experience in musical theatre, as a performer, musical director, and particularly as a producer. I have a real passion for new musical theatre, and have staged productions around the country, at the Edinburgh Fringe, and in the West End.
We have received a small Grant For The Arts and your money will go to the final part of the budget.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge £10 or moreYou selected
Thank you for supporting From Page to Stage! We will publicly thank you for support on our Twitter feed, which has 3000 followers.Estimated delivery:
Pledge £50 or moreYou selected
Thank you for being so generous! We'll acknowledge you by mentioning you in the season's programme, and thanking you on social media.Estimated delivery:
Pledge £200 or moreYou selected
4 backers Limited (2 left of 6)
Wow, thank you!! We'll send you a pair of tickets to our headline new British musical and another show of your choice as well as acknowledging you in our programme.Estimated delivery:Ships within the UK only
Pledge £500 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (4 left of 4)
Thank you for your incredible generosity. We'll send you a pair of tickets to our headline new British musical, and another pair to another two shows of your choosing. We'll also acknowledge you in our programme, and give you an opportunity to meet the cast and creative team after the show!Estimated delivery:Ships within the UK only
- (45 days)