Pillars of Eternity Packs will be delivered in time for the Holidays!
Scrimish is a fast moving card game that pits player against player in an epic 10 minute battle of strategy, memory, and misdirection.
Protect companions Eder, Pallegina, Aloth and Maia in these Pillars of Eternity Themed decks. Uncover your opponent's companion card to win the battle.
What are some features?
1. Scrimish is extremely simple to learn but has strategy deep enough for an MIT grad to lose their mind over.
2. It's expandable to large team or free-for all games. Play 2v2, 2v2v2, 8v8, 1v1v1v1v1, etc.
3. For ages 5 or older (recommended age is 8+ but those young kids are getting smarter these days)
4. Relies on strategy and memory. Luck helps but does not play a big part.
5. It's portable. Put it in your pocket. Then pull it out when you get to your destination.
6. Every game is different, and you'll want to play over and over again to try new ways of outsmarting your opponent.
What's in each Pillars of Eternity Pack?
We teamed up with our friends at Obsidian Entertainment to bring you two amazing new Scrimish packs that feature the weapons and characters from their popular video game Pillars of Eternity.
Each pack contains 2 decks. Each deck contains the following cards:
- (5) #1 Dagger Cards
- (5) #2 Sword Cards
- (3) #3 Mace Cards
- (3) #4 Axe Cards
- (2) #5 Halberd Cards
- (2) #6 Great Sword Cards
- (2) 'A' Archer Cards
- (2) 'S' Shield Cards
- (1) One Companion Card
Pack #1: Eder vs Pallegina Deck (Good for 2 players)
Pack #2: Aloth vs Maia Deck (Good for 2 additional players)
Although each deck contains the same number and type of cards, the design for each deck is unique. Check them out below! (Hats off to Matt Henson for creating amazing designs)
How Does it Work?
Scrimish is incredibly simple to learn but has a ton of strategy. Check out the rules below.
The object of the game is straight forward. You need to uncover the other person's Companion card.
How to play:
1. Arrange your cards in 5 piles of 5, however you would like. Make sure to put your Companion card on the bottom of one of the piles.
There are many strategies on how to arrange your deck. Do you put all your best cards on top of your Companion? Or will that be a giveaway to your opponent?
2. BATTTTLEEEE!!! In a clockwise manor, take turns attacking any of your opponents cards with any of your cards.
- The higher of the two cards wins (numbered 1-6). The losing card goes in the graveyard pile. The winning card goes back on top of the same pile it came from.
- If both cards are the same, both are discarded
- If a shield card is attacked, both cards are discarded.
- If an archer card attacks another card it wins. If it is attacked it loses.
And that's it!
Pro tip: You can look at any of your cards at any point in the game so make sure to play strategically. Don't play too much from the pile with your Companion (but just enough to throw your opponent off) and only use your Archer cards when you know they have a powerful card on the top row (you will know this because they will have revealed their position by attacking with it).
For the full official rules, read below.
What does it comes with?
The Pillars of Eternity Packs will show up at your doorstep before the holiday season in pristine retail packaging. There are 50 cards per deck (Two, 25 Card Packs). Cards are 2.5’’ x 3.5’’ made from premium card stock, professionally printed and digitally cut.
What are the stretch goals?
30K: Digital Strategy Guide This guide walks you through recommended deck setup and attacking strategies.
60K: Print and Play Get a print and play version of the game in October.
How far along are you?
Everything is ready for the presses. The game play has been perfected, the new card designs are pixel perfect, and the packaging is finalized. We've already completed a short run of cards with a local card manufacturer and verified that the game is ready for production. We have also hand picked our manufacturing partner to make the version of Scrimish that will arrive at your doorstep. We have worked with these guys before and they do top quality work.
The only question remaining is how many we should make!
Risks and challenges
We have taken all necessary steps to make sure that you receive a professional quality game at your doorstep by the holidays. The gameplay has been meticulously tested and the design work was carefully thought through.
We partnered with and vetted a reliable card manufacturer that can make up to 50,000 units/day. We have worked with this manufacturer on several other projects without hiccup.
Finally, we selected a local fulfillment service to make sure that your orders get to you in a quick and efficient manner. If for some reason things go awry, we promise to frequently post updates to keep you in the loop.
Thanks in advance for believing in us and supporting Scrimish and Pillars of Eternity!
A huge thanks to the entire Obsidian team for making this happen and a special thanks to Matt Hansen for designing some incredible cards.
- (45 days)