The XPlorerBoard is specifically designed for portability and durability. We designed the whole board with through hole components because they do not pop off the board like surface mount components.
The back of the XPlorerBoard is covered with a protective anti-static material that also covers all the leads. All of this fits in an included binder with a pocket full of hookup wires to get you started.
1A. Socket for an Arduino Micro with all pins available in an easy to access header.
1B. Another socket for a second Arduino Micro with all pins available in an easy to access header.
2. 5 Volt and 3.3 Volt power supply with included AC adapter.
3.Two line by 16 character serial display with multicolored back light. Also included is an Arduino serial library to use the display without having to write tons of code.
4. Eight directional switches.
5. Piezo Buzzer for sound.
6. Light sensitive photo resistor.
7. Banks of resistors including:
- (8) 150 Ohm
- (8) 470 Ohm
- (8) 1K Ohm
- (8) 4.7K Ohm
- (8) 10K Ohm
- (8) 100K Ohm
8. Red and Green 10 segment LED bar graphs.
9. Bi-Directional logic levels converters. Easily connect 5v logic systems to 3.3v for quick prototyping.
10. Logic gates.
- (6) NOT Gates (Inverters)
- (4) 2 Input NAND Gates
- (4) 2 Input AND Gates
- (4) 2 Input OR Gates
11. Two 10K Ohm Potemtiometers (variable resistors).
12. Extra large breadboard to hold other components.
- (4) 0.01uF Capacitors
- (4) 0.1uF Capacitors
- (4) 1uF Capacitors
- (4) 10uF Capacitors
14. N-Channel Mosfet to control high current loads.
The XPlorerBoard for Arduino Micro Includes:
- One fully assembled circuit board
- One Binder with parts pocket
- 100 Jumper Wires
- AC Power Supply
- Tutorial Cards to get you started
Classroom Kits Include:
- Teacher's Guide for Basic Arduino Electronics
- 10 Complete lesson plans for students
- Each student gets an XPlorerBoard with 2 Arduino Micros and all supporting wires and power supply.
- Each student gets pre-printed lesson cards for 10 lessons.
Risks and challenges
During the last 16 years, we have successfully designed and manufactured many products from electronics to software to consumer goods. We have a 6000 square foot manufacturing facility in Savannah Georgia and all we need to fulfill this project is a new wave soldering machine. We have in-house CNC Machines, Injection Molding Machines, and other equipment that can be used to make fixtures to meet production demands.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)