Welcome to Moviebomb Game, the card game that tests your trivia knowledge of movies and pop culture. Pledge today and get yours!
Welcome to Moviebomb Game, the card game that tests your trivia knowledge of movies and pop culture. Pledge today and get yours! Read more
About this project
Moviebomb Game is a multiplayer card game that tests your trivia knowledge of movies and pop culture. The game can be played with 2+ players or teams. There are two different ways you can win the game: (1) Eliminate all of your opponents or (2) Collect the most points. Gameplay will vary each time based upon individuals movie knowledge and answers. Generally games last between 30-60 minutes using our suggested rules. There are an endless amount of house rules you can create to personalize and enhance your gameplay.
- Step 1: Grab 2 or more of your friends and let the fun begin!
- Step 2: Players begin the game by drawing a movie card from the deck and reading the movie title out loud.
- Step 3: Going clockwise, the next player in rotation will name an actor from that movie. The following player in rotation will then name a movie starring that actor. Continue to alternate movie titles and actor names until either the player cannot answer or a potentially incorrect answer is challenged by the next player. (Challenges: Answers can be verified by your choice of internet movie resource).
- Step 4: The movie card is then awarded to the last player to give a correct answer or a successful challenge.
- Step 5: Letter cards are given when a player cannot answer correctly or to the loser of a challenge. When all letters of the word, "BOMB" are collected by a player, they are then eliminated.
- Step 6: A new round begins with the next player in rotation drawing a movie card from the deck, repeating Step 2 and so on.
How To Win: There are two different ways you can win the game: (1) Eliminate all of your opponents or (2) Collect the most points.
We've created several house rules to help get your Moviebomb Game experience started. We're always looking for unique ways to play and we encourage gamers to create their own rules. Share your rules with us via Twitter @MoviebombGame #HouseRules.
- Rule 1: Set your own time limit. Speed it up or slow it down, play at your own pace.
- Rule 2: Play with fun loser challenges. Create challenges for eliminated players.
- Rule 3: Elimination Only. Play until all players are eliminated except 1.
- Rule 4: Points Only. Play without elimination to a specified point total.
- Rule 5: Director's Cut. Add directors and really test your movie knowledge.
- Rule 6: No Repeats. Players cannot repeat answers that have already been mentioned in the same round.
- Rule 7: No sequels. Players cannot use other movies from a series in the same round.
- 1 Set of Instructions
- 1 Set of House Rules
- 250 Movie Cards
- 5 Sets of "BOMB" Cards (20 Cards)
- 8 Blank Cards
Risks and challenges
We are extremely excited to present our first game to the world. Our team has experience working with customer service, graphic design, human resources, retail management, sales and small business operations.
Our largest challenge is stepping into the manufacturing and logistics world. To overcome these challenges we are being mentored by successful business owners who have experience launching new products and businesses. Additionally, we are partnering with companies that specialize in game manufacturing as well as shipping & handling.
We look forward to combining their knowledge and our passion to deliver our backers a wonderful experience and a quality product.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (33 days)