The first female a cappella group of Southern Methodist University is looking for your support for the upcoming year!
Who are the Belles?
Belle Tones (affectionately known as BT) is the oldest female a cappella group at Southern Methodist University. SMU claims the school colors of Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue, and has everything that these prestigious schools offers...academics, expectations, and tradition. But one thing was lacking...until now. Until quite recently, SMU was deprived of the a cappella culture that is so highly regarded at many other prestigious universities. In 2010, thirteen of SMU's finest young women gathered to create the Belle Tones, filling the room with the beautiful harmonies of their arrangement of The Beatles' classic, “Blackbird.” Since then, we have continued to perform everything from Frank Sinatra and The Supremes, to Lady Gaga and Beyoncé. Music in its most organic form, the Belles strive to recreate and stylize songs that everyone knows and loves...but only with our voices.
The Belles are young women majoring in everything from Business to Engineering to Music Therapy. Performing in the Belle Tones allows girls who had previously only ever sung along with the car radio to now shine on center stage!
In the past two short years we have already:
• Held our first and second annual fall and spring concerts
• Hosted joint concerts with other collegiate A Cappella groups
• Held our first annual retreat
• Held volunteer performances at local hospitals and schools
• Traveled to California on our first national tour
• Appeared on national television
• Performed for the former President of the United States
• And… recorded our first CD!
So why do we need you?
By becoming a backer you'll be able to help us to:
• Continue hosting our free concerts for the community and volunteering at local hospitals
• Embark upon our 2nd Annual National Tour
• Purchase mechanical licensing rights for CD sales
• Pay for the artwork, duplication, and packaging of our CDs
Your support will not only help us achieve these goals, but give us a sturdy foundation on which we can continue to grow. We aim to share music with everyone in a new and original way, through our unique arrangements and interpretations of popular music. We want to build on our solid musical foundation and help to make the Belle Tones a permanent part of the SMU tradition. We hope to return in 25 years and be able to get up on stage and sing "Blackbird" with all of the future Belles. We can only do this with your help!
Thank you for your support!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.