- John Walker at Rock, Paper, Shotgun
"There is nothing not to like about Elliot Quest."
- Ray Porreca, Entertainment Buddha
- Updated Nov 27, 2014
Extra story elements, hidden areas, and a new Elliot Quest cover
Another sidequest exploring Elliot’s past + More artwork from Luis Zuno and Tim Kelly in the special edition booklet
Boss challenge mode (fight your way through every boss for a special reward)
Additional challenge levels, extra bosses, and more music.
We’ll bring Elliot Quest to OUYA faster and add a special procedural generated area of the game that never ends.
20,000 CAD or more
We’ll explore porting to other consoles, and add additional bonus content and challenge modes.
Elliot Quest is an adventure/RPG inspired by Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, one of my favorite games. In Elliot Quest, players explore the mysterious Urele Island in search of an ancient demon, navigating through 8 dungeons, defeating over 16 bosses, and discovering countless treasures.
Elliot Quest Features
- An expansive island to explore with over 16 unique bosses
- Customize your character with an engaging Level-Up System
- Chain attacks to make enemies drop more items
- Experiment with different magic attacks to defeat Elliot’s enemies
- Solve puzzles to find hidden crystals and access secret areas
- 3 unique endings based on your decisions
- Cross-platform for Windows, Mac and Linux, with a OUYA version on the way
- Original Music by Michael Chait -- listen at https://soundcloud.com/michael-chait-music/sets/elliot-quest
Elliot can’t die--but he’s still running out of time. In Elliot Quest, the victim of a rare curse must find a cure before he’s transformed into a demon.
After Elliot’s wife disappears, he falls sick and attempts to take his own life--only to discovers that he can’t die. Plagued by nightmares and growing weaker by the day, Elliot seeks out a local Sage, who tells him that he’s the victim of a rare curse. A demon called a Satar is slowly consuming Elliot’s vitality.
If Elliot can’t find a cure for the curse before it’s too late, he will become a Satar himself. His only hope is to ask for the help from one of the island’s Guardians, who have kept the Satar from taking over Urele. Elliot can’t die--but he’s still running out of time.
Special Edition Booklet with art by Tim Kelly and Me
Bonus Game 40CAD Reward
Cloaks & Spells is a 2D action adventure puzzle platformer set in a mysterious world filled with vile creatures and evil demons. Travel through deadly dungeons and across monster infested jungles while utilizing various melee weapons and powerful spells.
Developing Elliot Quest is a lot of work! A month ago, we released an alpha version of Elliot Quest and have already seen a ton of fan support at www.indiegamestand.com and the “Steam Greenlight” program. Now we want to make sure that Elliot Quest is a satisfying experience with tons of secrets and challenging gameplay. Additional support will allow us to:
- Polish the game and add more dungeons, bosses, and secret areas
- Pay our bills, Kickstarter fees, and collaborators
- Software licenses, hardware costs, and other necessary things to complete the game.
- Make sure Elliot Quest is on as many consoles and players as possible.
Ansimuz Games was started by me (Luis Zuno). I’ve been a web designer and developer since 1999. Before I started Elliot Quest, I made a small puzzle-platform game where you control a pink jelly creature -- http://gamejolt.com/games/puzzle/slimer/12647/. But Elliot Quest is the game I always wanted to make. Over the course of Elliot Quest’s development, however, several people have showed their interest in the game and offered to help out. Now Ansimuz games consists of collaborators from Mexico, the United States, and Canada!
- Luis Zuno - Game Art & Development
- Michael Chait - Music Composing
- Daniel Homan - Game Narrative
- Ian Sean Menzies - Project Manager, QA and Author of Cloaks & Spells
- Tim Kelly - Non pixel Art
Recent Articles about Elliot Quest
- Charlie's Point of View
- Interview to Ansimuz by 4 Color Rebellion
- Gorgeous RPG Elliot Quest Asking For Kickstarter Coins
- Elliot Quest, el juego inspirado en Zelda II lo intenta ahora en Kickstarter
- Nerd-Age Spotlight
- Kilabytes Article
- Gamerblox Video review
- Hands On Preview of Elliot Quest, a Retro Adventure For the Ages
- Indiegames the blog
- Linux Games News
- FireStarter: Elliot Quest
- Kickstarter Spotlight: Elliot Quest
- ELLIOT QUEST, UN BEL HOMMAGE À ZELDA II
- Redemption Is Spelled Elliot
- Gaming on Linux
Risks and challenges
Unlike a lot of Kickstarter campaigns, Elliot Quest is already over 70% complete. The additional funding we raise at Kickstarter will let us spend more time creating tons of secret areas and challenges, just as in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Yes. By backing or preordering the game you get the OST as a gift and a sale price of $5. Game price will be higher upon release. So hurry up!
You get all available: Win, Mac, Linux, OUYA, Desura and Steam (if greenlit)
Yes. You will get early alpha access and future updates of the game, you won't have to pay additional fees.
Yes, will be updated at least once a week at
Yes! As soon as the minimu goal is reached you will be able to paypal at: http://ansimuz.com/site/kickstarter-pledges-via-paypal/
Support this project
- (35 days)