Welcome to The War of 1812!
Sabres and Smoke: The War of 1812 is a 2-player, turn-based light strategy board game set during the War of 1812. From Trenton in the Michigan Territory, to Fort George and Queenston Heights in Upper Canada, to the shores of Baltimore, Maryland, players will be able to pit British and Canadian infantry, militia, artillery, Native Warriors and naval units against their American counterparts. Across 16 exciting, historically accurate scenarios, both players will determine the fate of North America, with a game that is simple to both set up and learn, yet provides an incredibly rich, entertaining gaming experience. The game is for ages 10 and up.
What’s in the game .
Sabres and Smoke: The War of 1812 comes complete and ready to play – no need for expansion packs, extra figure sets, or additional maps to buy.
Fighting units are assembled by combining individual pieces. For example, a regular infantry unit contains 4 infantry pieces and an officer. A Native Warriors unit contains 3 native warrior pieces. Artillery units are made of 3 cannon pieces and officer. By combining the attack and defence factors of all the pieces in a unit, players get a combat experience that is rich, varied, and reflective of real combat situations. You'll have to carefully decide which units to position against particular enemy units, what to do with damaged units, etc.
The game includes:
- 3 fully-mounted game boards (2 land, 1 coastal).
- 44 double-sided terrain hexes, illustrated to provide depth and dimension to the battlefield.
- 250 military units, including Native Warriors British, Canadian and American infantry, militia, artillery, naval units, and specialized unit markers.
- 100 card stands, allowing all units to ‘stand to’. No need to move stacks around the board.
- 8 battle dice (4 red, 4 blue) with custom-printed icon stickers.
- 32-page Rule/Scenario Book with all the information to set and play the game, quickly and easily. Book also includes 16 scenarios with full-colour set up maps.
- 52 Battle Cards, to add richness and variability to the gameplay.
Our philosophy is that we want gamers to get the WHOLE game, and not have to miss pieces/features because they couldn’t acquire a more expensive level. So we’ve kept it simpler and, we believe, fairer. PLEASE NOTE: All prices are listed in Canadian dollars ( $1 American is worth approximately $1.30 Canadian, meaning the $75 Cdn. list price for one game is approximately $57 U.S. at current exchange rates.)
When we reach these funding levels, these goals will be unlocked and included in every game.
Shipping for one game:
To Canada and the U.S.A: $15.00
To Europe: $35.00
Risks and challenges
Funding games on Kickstarter is amazing, but the main complaint we have seen from other creators' campaigns is this: lack of timely fulfillment and delivery of games.
At Hand2Hand Entertainment, we have laid the groundwork to enter production within days of the end of a successful campaign. Here’s what we have done:
• We have spent months sourcing reliable suppliers for the plastic pieces and dice, and intend to take delivery of those components within a few weeks of the close of the campaign.
• We are working with an outstanding printer that we have dealt with in the past, and who are known for quality and reliability.
• All of the artwork for the basic game is finished.
• All printing, production and materials quotes and estimates are in.
• Pre-press files will be finished by the end of the campaign.
In short, we are 100% ready to go. And that means that as soon as we are funded, we are heading for press. We hope to be printing games within weeks after the close of the campaign.
Our goal is to have all games shipped and in your hands within 90 days of the close of the campaign. And we actually think we can do it sooner than that. To that end, we’ll be providing updates on our production progress 2 to 3 times per week from the end of the campaign. No excuses, no radio silence. Why? Because that’s what great gamers deserve.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)